HFO - Morgen Stanley

Salome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I am aware that their are quite a few threads about this at the moment but I am a bit lost with it all and some guidance is needed and would be appreciated.

I was phoned recently by HFO and if I'm honest the person on the phone was very pleasant.

I was informed that I owed them a debt due to it being sold to them by Morgen Stanley.

I confirmed my name and Address and DoB on the phone as saw no harm in it, however I stated I could not acknowledge the debt as had no recollection of the account he was talking about and would have to check my files. I told him I would appreciate it if he could only contact me in writing as I am rarely home. All of this has thus far been agreed too.

He did supply alot of dates and information to me without being prompted in the interest of helping me verify said information. That info is as follows:

Account opened: 9th October 2004

Last Payment on account: 30th Nov 2006

Default notice issued on account: 15th March 2007

This was all prior the account being sold to HFO

I am now being told I owe over £1000 more than the closing balance of the account.

I now apparently have until Tuesday to confirm if I ackowledge this debt.

I can't remember if I do owe this debt (as im in alot of debt from being a student and unwise with my money) but in all probability it is mine, however I'm quite distressed as I simply have no way of paying this back at the moment.

Please any advice on how I should proceed now would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

What do you want to do ? pay it off with the extra £1000 interest to which they are not entitled.

Did you ever receive a default notice from Morgan Stanley ?

If you acknowledge the debt on CAG they will print your post off and use it in court, they have before.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Do nothing until you receive something in writing. Do not converse with them on the phone, and certainly do not answer their security questions giving out personal data. How do you know who you are giving information to?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks guys. Well thus far I have not acknowledged that the debt is mine at all (either here or on the phone, I'm just acknowledging that I do owe people money and that this might be the case here) and I don't intend too either especially not without firm proof from their side saying A) that I owe the money and B) that I owe it to them. That will only be done to my satisfaction if they show me original documentation baring my signature.

That being said however I have a personal dislike of these companies and really I intend paying them nothing without a fight. I personally would rather tell them to take a running jump!

I have read somewhere else that I should be considering issuing them a CCA, is this indeed the case?

Well thus far I have received the following from them:

* A Reminder Notice of Assignment

* 72 Hour Notice of Litigation

Beyond that I have nothing from them.

CAn you scan and post up what you have received, ensure you remove ALL ID, names, addresses, bar codes, ref numbers etc.

Who is the NOA from and who does it say is responsible for chasing the alledged debt?

You could reply with the 'No Debt acknowledged' letter, but I would like to have sight of the docs they have sent you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!