O2 Recycle

laydeedah

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sent my phone to O2 recycle have been quoted £80 quid in return. They said my phone was damaged and couldn't pay me. I told them, fine, but please can you send my phone back. They said that it would cost £15. I told them that they had my property and I wanted it back. I registered a complaint, but I haven't heard anything. What do I do now?

LDH

Their liability as to what their cost is to return has to be disclosed to you as pert of their Terms & Conditions. They cannot attempt to charge you such a high amount (for returening a handset) unless they had a published tariff showing this amount. To send a phone worth more than £45, it would be around £7.00 to return it to you, £3.50 if it was worth less than £44.00. If they are attempting to cover their costs by inflating the return charge, they need to be stamped on.

As for the phone being damaged, you might have a claim agaist the carrier you used (unless you just put the phone in their pre-paid bag, as this is never anough to protect it for shipment, it rewquires additional packaging first. Of course, they might be lying it is damaged simply in the hope you'll let it go at that and they make an even bigger profit.

Thread moved :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

From O2 Recycle's T&C's

For certain models like iPhones and other smartphones we test more functions – like software, connectivity and full functionality so you may find that for these devices our grading will sometimes mean we are unable to offer any payment for it. In these instances you can claim your phone back within 3 days, there will be an admin charge of £14.95 for the return of your item(s) speak to customer service for details.

Our admin charge simply covers the costs we occur when we receive, process, test, retest and return your item. We do not make any profit when we return items.

So they've got you by the short and curlies, I'm afraid.

http://www.o2recycle.co.uk/termsandconditions.asp

• 1 month later...

Hello

I'm having a major problem with O2 RECYCLE as well ! They offered me an estimate of £140 for my 3G I-Phone which was in perfect condition. I expected them to wriggle out of offering me the full amount but I was appalled by their pathetic offer of £36.50. They claimed my phone was scratched which it isn't and I already paid £5 to send it Special Delivery- so now they want their £15 admin and post fee to get it back.

I signed the T&Cs so I know I can't argue this charge but do I have any other way of claiming money back off them? Or getting another opinion on what they owe me? I feel like they're holding my phone hostage. Are they just evil [problematic] or a legit organisation?