Halifax keeps writing to me even though I’m bankrupt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was declared bankrupt in April of this year, I wrote to all of my creditors telling them but Halifax just doesn’t seem to get it!

They have used all the usual DCA, "Cap Quest", “Blair Oliver and Scott” and “Robinson Way Limited”. I have wrote to each of them each time they send me a letter demanding re-payment, but it just seems that they keep passing the account on to someone else, it seems that the account is now back with the Halifax at the moment.

I’m going to write to them again but I was looking to know if they are breaking any laws or banking codes by demanding money from me even though I have notified them that I’m bankrupt. Some nice legal quotes would be nice! :p

Can I, and would it be worth the while, to complain to the FOS or someone? :confused:

Thanks!

If you have been declared bankrupt it is important for you to know that a bankruptcy order protects you from the creditor contacting you. The creditors are required by law not to contact you regarding your debt once your bankruptcy has come into effect. If you are still being contacted by creditors you should remind them of this fact. If they continue to chase you, they are breaking the law.

If you have been declared bankrupt it is important for you to know that a bankruptcy order protects you from the creditor contacting you. The creditors are required by law not to contact you regarding your debt once your bankruptcy has come into effect. If you are still being contacted by creditors you should remind them of this fact. If they continue to chase you, they are breaking the law.

I thought that this maybe the case.

Does anyone have a reference to this law so that I can quote it to them in my letter?

Thanks!

I wouldn't respond but would refer all correspondence to the official receiver. I've heard that ORs can be quite nasty when they're riled by creditors doing this sort of thing.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.