Bazooka Boo

Mystery failed Standing order?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yesterday I had my usual bank statements through for the last month, and on the very last page I came across a sheet "Notifying me of Charges".

So on looking at the "charges" it states that it is for a 'Returned S/O Chg £20'

I looked through the previous months S/O's all of which leave my account in the first two days of the month and absolutely nothing jumped out at me, in fact I went £3 into my £50 overdraft for less than 24 hours, but nowhere did it say that a S/O had been returned unpaid, and neither had I received any letters from any creditors stating they had'nt been paid, which considering the recipients are my Rent, Council Tax, electric, water, and such, I find it very hard to believe.

I went into the bank today with my statements to enquire what was going on, only to be met by a very self assured woman, who had that blend of smug superiority and you don't fool me attitude, I was waiting for her to utter the immortal 'we don't make mistakes sir' but as she was looking through my statements you could see the shine come off her smug face, and will 'make an appointment for you' to come in and get it sorted.

Anyhow, when I go in there next week I shall have my 'letter of appropriation' in hand, just curious if anyone else has had similar this month and whether it could be the infamous 'technicall error' again?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yep. I had exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. I had a charge, and nothing saying returned. The company hadn't written to me to say it hadn't been paid. I phoned up and after a 45min fight got them to admit they were wrong and got the charges waived!

Yes I did think that, however on checking further and trying to decipher their bank statements, it turns out that one of my SO's failed on the second of the month, but was paid the following day when I had used my savings account to offset the current.

Still, if they think they are charging me £20 for a failed SO, they've got another think coming, after all, how the hell have they incurred any costs? Least of all £20 worth???

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

seems to be in T&C £20 for returned/refused items. Customers resposibility to have sufficient cleared funds in account?

I agree it's in the T&C's doesn't mean that I agree with it, or that I see it as fair, after all, they incurred no expense, I simply did not have enough money in my account on that day in question, and less than 24 hours later did so it was paid. Just sorting out my Notice of appropriation for monday, and will open another account with a different banking group, bit tight but got till the 1st of Sept.

Im not an apologist for Lloyds but why would another Bank be any different?

As to them incurring expense - well it was explained to me by some T**t at lloyds that any unauthorised overdraft or forecast overdraft is thrown out on a daily list which a clerk/manager has to manually oversee and make a decision on. This accounts for their charge for time taken to consider and action said miscreant account.

Regardless, bank charges are not representative of fees incurred, if charges are ever incurred by said banks, hence many millions of people bringing the banks to account and reclaiming unfair charges, which this is, my account does have an OD facility, which they chose not to use then wish to charge me £20 for the privelige, this won't be the first time they have refunded me charges, and I won't allow them to have a second chance, hence why I shall vote with my feet and take my money and custom elsewhere.