carriesue

Rbs mortgage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am on long term incapacity benefit

benefits do not cover the full interest amount which is £5.08 per month,

which a letter from rbs confirmed on June 2nd.

I have been paying £50 pm.

I have now received a letter threatening a possession order if I do not pay the shortfall which was not stated,

When I telephoned them the shortfall is £:9,480. Apparently there is nothing they can do to help.

Any assistance would be gratefully received as I am at my wits end as to what to do.

Many Thanks

Hi Carrie

Try not to worry too much and we'll try to help you on the right path.

Can you please be clearer on the figures please:

How much is the interest pm?

Is the £9480 comprised entirely of shortfall on the interest you should have been paying?

Are you claiming that this is entirely due to a mistake on behalf of the bank?

Do you have correspondence from the bank which indicates that your monthly payments should be less than you should have paid.

Regards, Kennythecelt

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

I have two accounts

flex choice variable one Capital & Interest and interest only.

The last mortgage statement I received was in October 2009.

The closing balance was £89,405.

Benefit pays £483. pm

i had a letter in June stating

'We have reviewed your mortgage payments and note that your benefits office is not covering the full interest amount.

The shortfall that you are required to cover is £5.08per month.

I have been paying between £40 & £50 per month since 2008.

After receiving the threat of repossession letter I telephoned them quoting the June letter shortfall of 5.08 per month.

I was infromed that that was then and this is now and the shortfall is £9,480.57.

Thank you for your assistance

Hello

can anyone help with with my query of August 11th please.

I have received yet another letter from RBS stating that they are going to start proceedings on Sept 7th.

I have telephoned them and written to them explaining my situation but have received no helpful advice from them.

Please would anyone be able to help me with this matter.

Thank you so much.

I'm no expert but sure someone will be along soon, your in the right place for advice, these guys are fantastic. Although from my experience I would send any correspondence signed for delivery as they are sneaky and will deny receiving it.