• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

BT Broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have had problems with BT Btoadband since 17/07/2010, at one stage i had no service for several days, which meant i could also not use my BT vision (as it runs via broadband), i also missed a mortgage payment which meant a £40.00 charge! as i do a lot of my banking online.

I have also called thier customer (none)services, which did put me on priority, the problem was found between their green box and the exchange, and would repair it asap.

It has been running and dropping since. The last one dropped big time last Friday, I called again and this time told them as we (myself and BT) have a contract, it was them that was breaching thier side as i was paying for a service which i was not getting supplied with, am now waiting for engineer to visit me.

If nothing is sorted out to my satisfaction, where do i go next? would legal action suffice?

Terry

Terry, heres the "BT Code of Practice" which will outline how to complaint and escalate the complaint if you're not satisfied.

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/Consumercodeofpractice/BTResidentialCodeofPractice.pdf

Page 17 is the "how to complain" and "if you are still not happy" bit :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks locutus,

It seems all sorted now as new piece of wiring was changed, new inbuilt wall asdl filter also fitted, and today received a new homehub, so far so good.

Thanks for the info, have kept it in case :wink:

Glad it's all sorted. Thx for the update.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

I worked for BT Yahoo! call centre in Exeter for a short while and during my training was told that if we really need to keep someone sweet on the phone every call agent was authorised to issue a months' free line rental for each call and this wasn't limited to x number a week or to any particular individual.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people,

Well it was not sorted, that is why i have not posted for a while, here follows the sorry state of affairs i had with BT Broadband, get a cuppa before reading:lol:

17/07/2010

Reported Internet fault to Bt, did a line check and found fault on the line, was told to inform my supplier (post office home phone).

Rang Post Office Homephone to report above fault, they would also run a check and to call back in 10-15 minutes.

Called back to see what the problem was only to be told by an Asian sounding guy they would call back later, I explained to him that I was asked to call them regarding a fault, he insisted that they were busy and THEY would call me later, I also insisted that I was to CALL THEM within 10-15 minutes, told him that I also work for Royal Mail Group and was not happy with the way I was being misshandled, he kept being argumentative about THEY would call me later, I was so hacked off I hung up fuming.

I then recalled, was answered by a very helpful lady, who informed me that there was a fault and would be reported to BT engineers. Now that last call put me in a much better frame of mind.

18/07/2010

Still cannot connect to the Internet, although I could after 10pm last night and before 10am this morning. Broadband should be top performing 24 hrs a day as it has been up until Saturday (yesterday).

23/07/2010

BT called me and said that the broadband problem is at the exchange, and should be fixed at the end of the day, a call from the egineers etc would confirm this.

2100 had no call, broadband still not working.

27/07/2010

Nobody turned up from BT, rang them and told them an engineer was booked for today, they said nothing was on Their system I said that I received a text message last night confirming today's visit

"We'll visit you on 27/07/10, between 13:01 and 18:00. To change any of these details call 0800 111 4567. 20:33

2707/10"

Spoke to their complaints manager, who said that 10 days was not good and would speak to the engineer side so as to make this a priority, and would call back, I pointed out that I would contact Ofcom if this continues, he wanted to get it sorted and would call me back tonight.

Seems as though the right hand dosnt know what the left hand is doing.

BT called back and said they are running tests on the line (yet again) and will call me back.

Probably tell me there is a fault and to report it to my supplier (yet again).

Called me again to inform me an engineer will call Wednesday 28/07/10 between 13:00 and 18:00

06/08/2010

Broadband down again

Called Bt to make a complaint.

Told complaints manager He/BT are not fulfilling thier part of our contract

18/08/2010

Broadband still not working.

BT called to inform me that work is being carried out and should be completed by Friday. I informed him that I have made a complaint to Ofcom. He had a could not care less attitude. Another engineer will be arranged to visit me (4th) and another half day lost.

20/08/2010

Bt complaints called to say an engineer will call o Tuesday 24/08/10 and hopefully problem sorted, I sasid this have been done ages ago, she did appolagies and mentioned compensation regarding their customer code. Time more time wasting excuses.

24/08/2010

No engineer, and still no service, BT are the most useless bunch of idiots around. called BT, guess what, nothing on their system for a visit.

27/08/2010

had enough, signed up to Sky, managed to find, through mobile costly internet, the ceo`s email address, message was as follows:

Dear Mr Livingstone

Myself and BT have a contract, I pay for a service ie Total Broadband, and you supply the service.

But since 17/07/2010 I have recieved little service, and since 13/08/2010 I have received no service at all!

This is a breach of contract, and I am cancelling this on the 02/08/2010.

I cannot belive BT run a complete inept service, I used to be a great supporter of the Total Broadband service before the afore mentioned dates, but I do not want an unreliable service, unreliable engineers and an unreliable customer service who never seem to know what's going on.

I have raised this issue with Ofcom, Ref no 1154753556, who also agree that you have breached the contract between us.

I should also point out that I will be seeking compensation, to which I am entitled to.

Yours Dissapointedly

T Hackney (Mr)

I had a call that evening from senior complaints manager, Darren Rogers,

and an email:

Dear Mr Hackney

Thanks for speaking with me today and I'm sorry we haven't been able to sort this out for you.

What I've have done is to provide a MAC - (valid until 26/09)

Also, once you receive your final BT Total Broadband bill, there may be termination charges on there. Don't worry about these, I'll arrange for these to be removed.

I hope you're happy with what I've done for you. I'm sending an email about how I've dealt with your case and BT in general. Please give us your honest opinions.

If there is anything else I can help with please give me a ring or drop me an email. For anything else our customer services are happy to help on 0800 800 150 or online at www.bt.com.

Once again, I'm very sorry for the problems you've had.

Darren Rogers

Executive Level Coplaints (BT Retail)

I have not recieved an email about how he has dealt with my case, and BT in general, I have, of course kept the email, incase they decide to chase me for the money i may owe on cancelling my contract early, i would love them to take me to court, as i have plenty of memos that i have kept on bt on a daily basis regarding their crap service.

09/09/2010

Back on Broadband with Sky.

BT could not fix problem for 7 weeks, gone over to Sky and problem sorted within hours!!

BT are CRAP.

I hope this note has not gone on too long, but i felt i had to let you all know, that BT are the worst for customer services etc, and do not put up with it.

As i may of stated, you pay for a service that is not supplied, to me that is breach of contract.

Any comments peeps?

my cuppa has gone cold! :lol:

imo, sky will provide a better b'band service re speed as they are an LLU. sky's service is 'rate adaptive' and they use their own equipment at the exchange. their equipment is supposed to better than bt's. bt use Dynamic Line Management which means if your line disconnects a few times, the line speed will drop and will only return to normal after 72 hrs continuous connection!!!