Employer not carryout GP instructions or what has been said at meetings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend works for a large company and has an underlying condition which the employers 2 OH's advisers gave instructions on how minor adjustments should be carried out but this was never implemented. My friend condition has worsen as a result of the employer not implement these adjustments. Had time off work as a result and GP has given a phased back to work, the employer did not want to implement this immediately and wanted to wait until a capability was carry out first. My friend told the employer that there was not way a full return to work could be done. The employer reluctantly said that the reduced hrs would have to be unpaid and a meeting was arranged for my friend and the manager. At the meeting it was decided to comprise to what the GP said in the phrase re-tune to work ie that minor adjustment would made at every 2hrs in stead of 1hr interval as requested by GP.

After that meeting nothing was changed whatsoever, the same conditions remained. My friend thinks that the employer is not taking the underlying medical condition into consideration. Can employers do this with impunity. :confused:

I would have thought that would not look good for the employer. I'd be inclined to suggest that your friend rings ACAS to ask their advice.

Is the friend covered by the DDA? You could also try the EHRC [equality and human rights people] who have a helpline.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum