Guest Old_andrew2018

Virgin Mobile Concern

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Guys

I recently upgraded my virgin pay monthly telephone to a Blackberry, the offer from their call centre seemed too good to be true, I took their word.(1st mistake)

Under the offer I would have a new Blackberry, 600 min, unlimited texts, unlimited web access, unlimited Blackberry data service; I would however have a new number I did not ask why (2nd mistake).

The phone arrives works well no problems until I checked my account, the agent had not cancelled the original contract so I was still paying for this, and a closer look at the contract revealed it was for 400 min.

I have spoken to Virgin who assured me that I would receive a credit for the charges on my old account, although I will have a bill for usage up until the upgrade, which I fully accept.

With regard to the misselling it appears Virgin mobile are unwilling to do anything.

I am correct in thinking that I can cancel the contract using their 28 day customer satisfaction guarantee.

Is it worth complaining formally to them and their governing body is one exists, I am concerned that they may attempt to drag out the complaint in order to prevent cancelation under the 28 day guarantee.

Any advice guys

Andy

Firstly, your new phone was a fresh contract and the deal only available to new customers - hence your inmability to transfer a same-network number. As such, you would still need to cancel your original contract, unless they explicitly confirmed that they would do this. I'm not sure why you think this is mis-selling, as they don;t appear to have misled you by saying this was to be an upgrade. As this is covered under contract law, a 28 day guarantee mat cover the phone, but not the service you signed up for.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Guys a quick update,

I contacted Virgin, who sent a prepaid package to enable the return of the Blackberry, under the terms of their 28 customer satisfaction guarantee the contract would then end.

I have also been contacted by a Virgin manager who discussed my complaint, I have now agreed to keep the Blackberry as Virgin will honour the original offer of 600 min, and as the information given was about needing a new mobile number was wrong they have agreed to close my original account removing any charges incurred.

I was only able to challenge Virgin as I had the recording made via my truecall machine.

I recommend everyone to consider purchasing a truecall they are a useful tool to have.

Andy

Good to hear. However, any old recording device can do the same as Truecall, and possibly evewn cheaper if you record to a PC or laptop. Since firms record calls for their own protection, it makes sense for consumers to do the same thing, for the same reasons! :)