Find the cheapest petrol prices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 years later...

The prices are just rediculos at the moment. Currently around here it is 118.9 for unleaded and 134.9 for diesel. Time to get the bike out I think.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

County Fermanagh

Now here's somthing I find strange. Those prices are from the nearby Maxol filling station. About 4 miles away is another Maxol station which is usually about 5p a litre cheaper. Given that there is apparently a very small profit margin on fuel. Either the first guy ( along with other retailers in the area) is bumping up his profits. Or the second guy is either taking a loss or is not selling Maxol fuel.

I know the second guy has more filling stations than the first but I wouldn't have thought that wold make much of a difference.

Edited by djgordyp

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

When I got my first car in the mid 80's I'm sure that diesel was always cheaper than petrol, anyone confirm this?

I think it still was in the late 90's/early 00's. Not much in it but I think diesel was slightly cheaper.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Not quite. More like here Petrol Station Search - Find Petrol Prices in Your Area

For some reason I can't get the correct details to come up n the address bar so you need to move to the left a bit or type bt74 into the search box. I'll add some prices if I'm out later on.

Paid in full in March 07

Yes petrol was always dearer than diesel as it took less refining. It changed due to a shift in taxation, the raw cost remains cheaper, but because of the supposed effects of diesel engines on the environment, the revised tax regime then made petrol cheaper, but the fuel economies of diesel made this (per MPG) s better option. Now with deisel cars being given their own taxation class to stuff the motorist where it hurts, Labour are getting it every way.

Incidentally, Petrolprices is pretty dreadful - the data collection process requires people to visit and fill with fuel cards, and the system takes 48hrs to reflect the price at the pump. By the time you've made a trip there, the price has gone up anyway.

what i don't like about petrolprices is that you have to give out so much of your personal information to register!

Interestingly Diesel has a higher Calorific value than Unleaded, which is one of the reasons for better MPG. however that actually means more carbon emissions per litre of fuel burnt, everything else being equal (which of course, as usual, it isn't)

Just been out for a drive and so far prices are the same as yesterday, 118.9 for unleaded and 134.9 for diesel. Interestingly there is a filling station not far from me that closed less than 6 months ago and the prices there were, 102.9 for unleaded and 99.9 for diesel.

Paid in full in March 07

Find the cheapest petrol, then burn more than the difference getting there!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You could always pop into here on the way home from the supermarket:

At a Caracas petrol station last week, Gloria Padron, a paediatrician, ticked off items that would cost about the same as the 60 litres of fuel gurgling into her Land Cruiser.

"Let me think. A Magnum ice cream. A cup of coffee. A cheese and ham arepa [sandwich]. Small stuff like that. Can't say I've ever really thought about the price. Why would you?"

When a litre costs 0.7p, and filling the tank of a 4x4 costs 42p, it is a fair question. Petrol is so cheap here - reputedly the cheapest in the world - as to be almost free. Even under the artificially overvalued official exchange rate, petrol is 45 times cheaper than in Britain.

This is from Jan 2008.

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks