spaggeyhoops

DMP with CCCS - Should I go it alone?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys

Firstly Ive been reading a number of threads and it seems a great forum. This is my first post so hopefully you may be able to help me.

I currentley have a DMP with the CCCS. My outsanding debts are circa £10k. These debts are currentley with 2 seperate debt collection agencies. The original debts were sold on from MBNA and Halifax.

My questions are as follows:-

I want to offer each company a full and final offer, but having read various threads the CCCS dont appear to be too happy about this. I have not asked them direct, it may seem a bit strange, but Im worried about my questiosn 'jinxing' my DMP and being left to deal with my creditors on my own.

I did foolishly ring MBNA to ask for a full and final settlement figure and they tried to ask me various questiosn about my current income etc. I basically said it was all dealt with by the CCCS and hung up!

Any advice would be most welcome,

Thanks

Spaggey

Hi spaggey

Before I found this site I too was gonna go with cccs, but they are IMO ' wet ' as they plod on with ther irregular help. I initially took control myself with the advice from here and I have staved off various firms etc, who'm I was previously told by cccs that I had ' no chance ' with them.

If I were you I would go it alone, dont call creditors, and before you ask for f+f, speak to the cagers, head up m8 your in safe hands.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi.................remember if as you say the debts have been SOLD then they where sold for peanuts,this puts you in a strongish position with the DCAs who have purchased the debt.The fact you are with CCCS does not matter negotiate yourself you will come out with a lower F&F start at about 15%.who are DCAs??????????????????????I have posted this before CCCS get very difficult if you want to remove a creditor from your list for CCA reasons.CCCS perform a reasonable function however,its your money and if CCCS get up tight because you have gone for a F&F of your own back,so be it,do your own DMP go for it........FS

Hi guys, many thanks for the responses...

The CCCS were a great help intially and took a lot of the pressure off. How ever Im now in a much better position than I was 3 years ago and thankfully have some money put aside, enough I think to start playing hardball and come to an agreement with the DCA. They were so aggresive and unrerasonable at the start, I think its time they got some of it back their way!

Im going to write to them and ask for my CCA (I was a bit 'green' at the start of this and frankly too scared to stand up for myself) hopefully this will give me a bit more leverage when it comes to a FFS. Fingers crossed.

Im confident I can do this alone, my only worry is without the CCCS the DCA will start to ramp up intrests, charges etc and ill be in a worse postion!

Thanks

Ramp up interests? no not really, you may be paying something you dont need to, ie ..get tem cca'd asap.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi...Go for your CCAs whilst you are with CCCS,its only 12+2 days to get the DCAs excuse or response,they are unlikely to add interest just because you have CCAd them,when you have their replies you can then take a view on your next step,DMP on your own or whatever you wish to do....................FS

Hi guys thanks for the replies....

Im going to CCA my two DCA. I imagine they will have any original data from the original creditors. Im going to send the below letter, any thoughts, is it sufficient to get what I need (it has been taken from national debt line website)?

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: _____________________________

With reference to the above agreement, I/we would be grateful if you would send me/us a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied. I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am/we are entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request. I/we enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I/we understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)

After I get replies (if any) I would be most greatful if you guys could help be decide if the agreements are binding etc and the next steps!

Cheers