giving information to the banks.

gtgiggs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the bank has sent me a letter regarding a payplan to close an account.

they are asking for a full list of creditors and balances owed to each, breakdown of monthly income and expenditure. surely i would not have to give them that kind of information??

Which bank and are you indebted to the bank, is there a reason why they want to close your account , do you have standing orders or didrect debit

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

hbos. i have an overdraft with them, the arrears on the account are charges i refuse to pay. they defaulted me and then terminated before the remedy date. (i have a seperate post for this.

) i asked to try sort something out with the bank before the dn etc was sent to me. this is them replying now. i dont know what to do really.

see what happens with the early termination etc or play ball and set up a plan to get it paid off??. i want it sorted either way but dont see why i have to disclose info like creditors and balances etc. i have sent termination acceptance letter to the bank also, things have just got crossed over in the post etc and im in a bit of a pickle on what to do.

payplan usually only set up if you are earning a wage, the bank it is normal for them to ask for an income and expenditure form, they will want a list of all your creditors, and your outgoings, this is standard procedure, you can make a token payment to all creditors to whatever you can afford, make sure you pay them all the same amount, this information you can find on nationaldebtline.co.uk and they have sample forms of this on their,web site, many banks also send these to you,

i would advise to obtain a booklet also from nationaldebtline www.nationaldebtline.co.uk

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

also, send everything recorded delivery, and do not phone any credtior, if they ring you tell them everything in writing, and do not say anymore than that

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol: