• Tweets

• Same issues as - also spent ££ to have mechanical failures fixed will have a read
    • Debt charities have urged the Insolvency Service to develop stronger rules to protect customers from bad practice among IVA lead generators View the full article
    • Hi,     I'm in the process of voluntary termination of my moneybarn agreement, in accordance with secion 99(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have returned the vehicle, it was collected by a 3rd party on behalf of MB, in driveable condition with fear wear and tear condition.  Their report states that the condition was "Average" (The options were Good, Average and Poor). I have paid more than 50% and recently, before starting the VT process spent £700 to make sure car is roadworthy (gearbox repairs). I am £880 over the 50% mark. Today I've received final billing letter estimating body repairs at over £1,300 (the bodywork is fine - peeling lacquer and alloy wheels would need refurb though). I've purchased the car at 7 years old with over 80k miles, through National Car Credit (pretty sure I've seen another topic on here about them). The car is now more than 10 years old, and I did take pictures + videos of the car before it was collected.   Now. I've had a payment holiday through April and May (which I don't dispute and will willingly cover the amount that they're asking for this payment holiday term) But however I'm not okay with covering the bodywork repairs for a car that is over 10 years old and wasn't excellent condition the day I've purchased it. It came with no service history book and only one key (on my own expense I've purchased another one and had it programmed)   No arrears on the account, no missed payments (just 2 month agreed payment holiday - between myself and MB) which I'm okay to cover. Given the car back in drive-able condition (it was very noisy the week before it was collected, hence why I've spent money on repairs) half of tank of petrol, kept tax up to the day it was collected.   Advice would be appreciated, thank you.   dx: I can't pm you as I haven't got enough posts on here, but if you'd like more details and see what has been sent and see the responses please PM me.     Thanks.
    • I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
    • Hello everyone, recently I ordered 4 birds, 2 canaries and 2 lovebirds from a pet shop in Nottingham. When I received the birds, one of the canaries looked scruffy and had a bald spot on its back. when I asked the owner if this was normal he stated that “it is a baby and will be normal in a week” so I waited a week and I discovered it was sneezing throughout the night. I then decided to check their weight and the scruffy one was only 15 grams while the other was 26 grams. While weighing them I discovered they were covered in blood mites (small bugs that feed on blood) so I contacted him and he said I could return them but I’m unable to drive an hour to his shop so I offered to pay another delivery fee fr him to pick it up but he was ignoring me so I decided to try to treat them and bought many medicines and I cured their mute problem but now all 4 birds are sneezing, I’ve had many birds before and I’ve never had these problems so I asked him if he couldn’t please come pick them up but he kept reading my messages and ignoring me then when I called him he blocked my number so I messaged him on my other number laws showing te sale of an ill animal is prohibited and sent him proof of his false advertising (saying they were “excellent healthy birds”) proof fm their illness and he blocks me again. I feel scammed and according to the law he I is obligated to refund me for the birds and any medical expenses but I don’t know know where to report him or what to do about it. Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated. Thank you 
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
AJR1

Help - Filed CPR 31.14 request no response .. now what?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3360 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I received a county court claim on 16th July 2010. I sent a CPR 31.14 request on 29th July, delivered via Royal Mail Signed For on 2nd August.

The CPR 31.14 request stated that if the documents aforementioned in the POC were not received by me within 7 days then an N244 would be sought compelling disclosure of the document mentioned in the POC within 14 days and if this is not adhered too request the case be struck out.

I've completed the N244 as per the advice given, however I wanted clarification that im going about this in the right way.

Do I have to give them 14 days to reply to the CPR 31.14 request on the N244? Or can i request here and now that this be struck out as they have not replied within the 7 days as set out in my CPR 31.14 request.

Cheers.

Bump - Please help :)

Hello and welcome ;-)

Did you send back your Acknowledgement of service and have you filed a defence yet??

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

<-- If I have helped in any way please click my star!! ;)

Oh and I am a lady!! :)

Hello and welcome ;-)

Did you send back your Acknowledgement of service and have you filed a defence yet??

Yes around 3 days after I received the county claim form through the mail.

I sent it 27th July along with the CPR 31.14 request, both of these were sent 27th July and confirmed delivery on 2nd August.

Its now 10th August, and yesterday i filed an N244 form along with a copy of my CPR 31.14 request.

Have I done everything right? If so, what are my next steps.

Really appreciate the advice.

You are perfectly within your rights to make an order at any time. What did you put on your N244 for "what order you would like the court to make and why?"?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

An order that unless within 14 days of the making of an order upon this application the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on 27th July 2010 pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely the mobile phone service agreement, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court with the costs of this case to be paid by the Claimant to the Defendant to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

The application is made because of the Claimant's refusal to comply with the Defendant's CPR 31.14 request and the documents are required owing to the age of the case and to enable the proper preparation of a Defence.

^ that wonderfully constructed paragraph above. :)

That's fabulous ;-) Did you attach a draft order too? In my opinion you have done the right thing, I would've done the same, actually I did lol! :lol:

I believe you still need to file a defence before the 28 days but if you haven't heard anything by then I suspect you would need some sort of embarrassed defence. Best of luck :-)

Unfortunately I didnt attach the draft order as I completely forgot! :D nevertheless how will that leave the N244 that I submitted, is it still valid?

I should think so, you are not obliged to attach a draft order, there's a box to tick to say you are not attaching one so it shouldn't matter I don't think.

Excellent, did i need to submit a cheque with the N244? - Also do you have any idea what happens now, this seems to be a game of who can wait around the longest.

It costs £75 to file an N244, it needs to be sent at the same time. If you haven't sent it you should really send it in first class tomorrow with a covering letter or better still take it down to the court yourself.

Oops well then the cheque I have sent is the wrong amount I thought it was £40.00 - I will ring the court tomorrow, the court is in Northampton it is unfortunately nowhere near me.

The proceedings will be transferred to your local court if it gets that far anyway!!

excellent, what would be your opinion given the steps i have taken thus far and the fact that the claimants solicitors are being absolutely uncooperative.

In my opinion you have done exactly could be expected of you in your situation. You can only wait and see what order the court will make and if they comply with it. Never count on anything, just deal with each step as you go along :-)

Update ** Received a response stating that they cannot provide me with the documents I have requested within the CPR 31.14 request within 14 days. - What should i do now?

Update ** Received a response stating that they cannot provide me with the documents I have requested within the CPR 31.14 request within 14 days. - What should i do now?

Have they given you an extension for submitting your defence then?? If they can't supply the docs within 14 days, (although really they only should have 7 days), then when do they foresee they WILL be able to supply them??

They do not say, simply that this will not be done within 14 days.

In terms of an extension, I returned the acknowledgement of service I thought that automatically gave you an extension of 14 days? but this will nearly be up, hence why I filed for the N244.

My point is that if they don't give you an extension of more than what you've already got then you won't be in a position to file a informed defence because they won't have sent the docs in time for you to know what it is you have to defend on!

I've been to court today to file my N244 and you were right, it is only £40 if you are applying for something "without a hearing", sorry.

If I were you I'd leave things as they are, let the court serve the unless order and if you don't hear anything before your deadline for filing a defence, file an embarrassed defence. Just my opinion :-)

My point is that if they don't give you an extension of more than what you've already got then you won't be in a position to file a informed defence because they won't have sent the docs in time for you to know what it is you have to defend on!

I've been to court today to file my N244 and you were right, it is only £40 if you are applying for something "without a hearing", sorry.

If I were you I'd leave things as they are, let the court serve the unless order and if you don't hear anything before your deadline for filing a defence, file an embarrassed defence. Just my opinion :-)

Yeah i will let them continue on with it, only thing I didn't do is to attach the draft order, however having said that, the order i've requested clearly states that if nothing is heard within 14 days the case shall stand struck out.

I've attached a copy of the CPR31.14 request I sent to the claimant also.

You feeling confident on my chances then? How long does the N244 take to be heard by a DJ?

It shouldn't take too long for referral to a judge for this kind of order I shouldn't think, probably a week or so dependant on how on the ball the court are.

Yes it looks promising so far, courts are generally not best pleased with companies that bring claims without the docs to back it up so I've got everything crossed for you ;-)

It shouldn't take too long for referral to a judge for this kind of order I shouldn't think, probably a week or so dependant on how on the ball the court are.

Yes it looks promising so far, courts are generally not best pleased with companies that bring claims without the docs to back it up so I've got everything crossed for you ;-)

You and me both, I find it insulting that they have gone to court without even having the original documents yet they mention them in the POC. Surely a DJ will look at that with discontent.

In the meantime I have to file a defence in 4 days! How am i meant to do that!?

I would say you need to file an embarrassed defence to cover yourself in the meantime. I'll see if I can dig out a template for you later on this evening.

That would be very much appreciated :)