Financial Difficulty: Change of approach

HSBC_Destroyed_My_Life

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow cag members,

I've been a member here since about 2006-07 and have already had one successful case with bank charges a few years back where I was refunded £1100 thanks to the great support on these forums. Since then I put in another claim to hsbc for a further £500 in bank charges to be refunded which got stayed by the courts back in 2008 and then of course there was the ruling by the courts where all bank charges cases got struck out.

Since I heard about that, I just gave up on the case. I never really thought about it again... Until now, as I understand that the only possible way to move forward is if you can state that you're in financial hardship. And currently :

- I have been unemployed for 12 weeks

- I have approximately £14k of bad consumer debt outstanding

- I have a poor credit rating

- No assets or savings

- Currently living off JSA and my girlfriends nhs nurse salary

- living beyond our means each month to survive

I really need to know:

1. Would the above qualify me to go forward for financial hardship?

2. If so What would be my next step?

3. I believe that the majority of FD cases are still being dismissed, but I'm interested to know what is significant about the successful FD claims?

I spoke with the small claims court today and got them to change my house address (as I had moved since filling the claim)

They are also sending me an N244 form and a fee remission form (so I don't have to pay the £75 due to being on JSA)

Any Help or advice on this is greatly appreciated. As well as examples of financial difficulty success stories and links to letter templates are all welcome.

Thanks very much, I really do value all of your time, help and expertise.

This is probably not what you want to hear right now - but - if your case is on hold then leave it that way for now.

Other things are happening which will pave the way forward see

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248268-Sheriff-puts-Bank-of-Scotland-to-proof-on-bank-charges

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.