DLC - Should I be worried???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've been paying DLC approx £4 a month for an egg loan that was passed to them. I have posted the agreement on here previously and there was a question over whether the prescribed terms were in the agreement - but I thought i'd do the decent thing and offer a token payment and i've been making payments monthly ever since.

I've played letter tennis with them over the years - they've demanded more money - i've said I can't afford it and please feel free to take me to court etc. And they've always backed down agreeing to my token payment.

Last week - dated the 30th July I received a letter from them stating that they have been managing my account for 3 years and that i've been making regular payments - but they now want me to revise my payments. Oh and I should please note they may be able to offer me a discount for early settlement. Then they said I had to respond to the letter that day otherwise my monthly payment plan might be withdrawn.

Standard letter I thought - however before I even have had time to breathe - or respond saying that I can't increase my payments FIVE days later I received a letter from ALPINS solicitors saying that if I don't make payment in full within 7 days or reach an agreement with DLC then legal proceedings will commence.

I'm slightly baffled - I've been making payments - over and above what I can really afford, I don't own a house or anything of value and i'm a single parent working hard to feed and clothe my son. So why on earth do they want to take someone to court over a debt that i'm actually paying.

Can anyone advise what I should write back? I've been reading through a few posts on here - and it seems DLC have been issuing a few county court claims recently - although i'm not scared of going to court - i'd rather not have the hassle! :-(

Yes certainly.

For their greed I would reduce payments to £1 a month. I have never personally seen an enforceable EGG agreement, is their a possibility you could scan and post it up again for others to view?

I would give you an example of their agreements, which are unenforceable, but have had to revert this puter back to factory settings so have lost a great deal of info, but normally, their preferred agreements usually come on two seperate pieces of paper, first page states EGG Agreement blah blah under the consumer credit act blah blah, a little bit about % rates etc, but nothing at all enforceable.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!