Disability Living Allowance

Guest JoeSmith2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest JoeSmith2009

Hello further to my other thread on the injury benefits.

I won't be able to drive, do ten pin bowling again or play the keyboard which I loved. I will only be able to do exercise prescribed by my doctors. I can only lift certain weights up to 3 kilos, so I will have to have home shopping delivered so forth. I can't walk for long periods without getting Sciatica and I have trouble bending down to reach post etch, having been forced to carry on in old job.

Also proundly deaf with speach.

Do I stand a good chance getting DLA? If I get new job would the DLA cease or would they just note I've taken a non risk job

Thanks

Guest JoeSmith2009

thanks is the driving a serious issue? I can walk for ten minute but then I suffer the sciatica - for instance in old job i was limping asked if I had been shot told my injures distracted team etc and I can't stand for an hour or more.

Any person genuinely ill and from reading your situation mobility is obvous an issue for you, should apply. Its not an easy benefit to get but you could go and see your doctor tell him what you want to do and what help you feel you need and see from your records if he supports this. Hopefully with his support you can confidently get help to fill the forms in, welfare rights and cab are great and then see how you go.

There will be an atos assesment most likely and even if they fail you, there is an appeal process.

You wont know till you try. Ive only learnt what I know from also having to claim dla. I get high rate care and low rate mobility due to epilepsy being my problem. I always get nervous filling these forms out because you have to tell them as much as possible and in my case it can get confusing for me, so I get help filling them in from welfare rights and they take the stress away. Hopefully not everyone is as stressy as me :)

So thanks for the pm but do apply if you genuinely feel it could help you xxx

Come back to this thread if you need anymore advice, there are some brilliant caggers here, for instance you probalby are aware of erika, shes the bees and ees as they say on these issues, good luck xx