BankFodder BankFodder

seklof

etate agent fees for sale of house

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3453 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

can anyone help with this one - its just iv had to put my house on the market and its selling as we speak so that a good thing however just to know - if i decide to pull out say for instance due to a better offer etc etc change of mind , am i obligated to pay the estate agent his fees- if so is this law or just contractual

thanks forum

It depends on what you agreement with the agent says.

Most estate agents bind you in to a specific term and notice period to terminate the contract. They usually also bind you to pay their fee if you sell within six months of that date to someone they have originally introduced. I think you will find that if you sell to someone else whilst the contract is still in force, you still have to pay their fee. As Aequitas says - you need to read your contract. Also, someone might come along and offer you more - but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - if you have a sale going through you might pull out and then the second buyer change their mind and you are back at square one with no buyer at all!!

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice