Not getting post due to next doors dog!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have shared access to our property and the neighbour keeps nasty yappy small dogs which we have complained about as they bite anyone (even us) entering and leaving out property! They have no control over them and its a joke..

We don't want to fall out with them, but we get by, and think they do bring them in due to past arguments, from them roaming free around the properties (there's and indeed ours!)

Anyway now we have heard now that the Postman won't deliver to our house due to passing the dogs now, so we aren't getting our post anymore!

So we now get our personal mail being left at a neighbours house, and they sort it and deliver it up to 9pm pushed through the door (im not sure whether they even keep the post back and deliver when it 'builds up'!)

Surely this is wrong!

This issue has nothing to do with us, they are not our dogs, and now the postie won't deliver to us! We've only just found out about this and i'm a bit annoyed!

What are my next steps? Do I contact the local depot?? Royal Mail? Citizens Advice?

I need the post for my work, as I get Recorded Deilvery mail that needs my personal signature so getting it shoved through the door at 9pm isnt great!

We even believe that one 'recorded delivery' for us, was signed for under a false signature, which we looked up on the electronic online signature reader, that wasn't ours!! isn't that illegal? We thought it maybe the Postman sigining, but now think its them so they can get away with not getting into an argument regarding the dog, post, and Royal Mail!!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

FIRST, can you unshare your access to your property, i.e. are you allowed to put up fencing, etc., if you can this would stop the dog getting onto your property, let me know this first please, more info to come.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I'm afraid thats not possible due to the logistics of the access path/drive which comes down into our property from around theres from the road.

Or else me and my girlfriend would have done this

I hope that helps a little?

I'm afraid thats not possible due to the logistics of the access path/drive which comes down into our property from around theres from the road.

Or else me and my girlfriend would have done this

I hope that helps a little?

OK, first plan no good, this would have been the easiest and simplest quick solution, which is what i always look for first.

the next thing then is this, you say you do not want to upset your neighbour, which i do understand completely,

more than you know, the problem is if you bring in authorities on this one, then you WILL fall out with your neighbours, i understand it is a procedure that is quite correct to do, but i personally would go another route, but then it is up to you of course, you will find many people with give their views on this post, and all any of us can do is give you options, then it is up to you which route you take.

i personally would go round to the neighbour, and tell them your problems you are having and why, i would advise, however to take someone with you, for back up, and also you have a witness then too.

come back and let us know how you get on.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I don't unbderstand this british thing of 'not wanting to upset the neighbours'. THEY are the problem..Tell them the dogs are causing a problem. If they do nothing then let the authorities sort them out. Why are you so worried about upsetting THEM? They have stopped your post being delivered! I would be upsetting them a lot!

I think the decision not to deliver your mail due to health and safety concerns is quite understandable. However, they should not just deliver your mail elsewhere in the stree - there should be proper arrangements in place so that you can collect your mail from the local Delivery Office. Contact them and ask why they are delivering your mail to a different address if you have not requested for them to do so.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Agree. Although if your local DO is miles away, and you cannot collect for the odd hours it's open in the morning, the alternative mail drop might be preferable, as at least they're their for more hours! If it isn't possible for the animals to be contained to permit ease of access to your letterbox, the mounting of a 'US' Style, box facing the streed may be the only way rounbd it, until the neighbours move, and take their animals with them.

Or, you could all stop pussy footing around and do something about the actual problem: The neighbours dogs.

What is it with this country that makes people so afraid of offending someone who is directly causing you a problem in the first place? The advise here seems to revolve around how best to have your mail relocated. WHY?????? The neighbour obviously doesn't care about you or your feelings, so why should you worry about wht they will think? Tell them to secure the dogs or you will call the authorities in to deal with them.

There's no requirement for them to 'secure' the dogs. If the property is yours, then you can insiste that they do not tresspass, but if it is a common entrance (ie 'shared') then quitew what you'd ecpect the 'authorities' to do eludes me. They'd need to actually attack callers before it becomes an issue that is actionable.