Double Bankruptsy - Questions on Joint situations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i'm hoping someone can help me.....

My boyfriend and i have a few joint accounts and we're planning bankruptsy, what i was wanting to know is rather than us both pay £600 each for it, is there any way i can tell companies that we've split up (we haven't) and transfer all the debt to me then just declare bankruptsy for me? I know this is sneaky but please dont judge me, we're just having a tough time raising the money for both of us. We're trying to sort all of our deft out as we haven't had financial difficulties before now and just want to help ourselves out of it.

Please could anyone give us a little advice if you have been through this before or know anything about our situation.

Thanks

Clueless :confused:

Hi there

I think that the creditors would be able to trace what you would have done in this situation (transferring debts over to your name only), which may make things more difficult. However, you could speak to the CAB for more advice on this.

Although it costs £600 each for bankruptcy, if you are on benefits, you could claim some of this back.

Creditors will not transfer a joint debt over into one name as this will serve no purpose for them as they will want to reserve the right to reclaim payment from both or one.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)