Control acct plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All a few month ago I posted a thread re parking charge from Euro, the good advise from here was to leave it and forget about it, however my friend is in ' bits ' she came to me today re a letter he recieved from Control Account PLC. re Outstanding Ammount £100.00 ish, Potential litigation etc, should she reply with a template letter or ignore, she works within the goverment and she is now worried that she may get into trouble.

Whats the best advice guys, n gals.

Mr W

Edited by Mr Worried
Typo

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Nothing to worry about. She is taking these people too seriously. They are just private citizens with no special powers. What sort of trouble does she think she will get into?

Hi DBC,

Thanks for the quick reply

She works for the civil service, and because the letter mentions Warrant of execution, and Bailiffs, she thinks the worst, she even mentioned DCA'S Calling her at work, and if they do she could loose her job,

Mr W

She has nothing to worry about. For all that nonsense about bailiffs etc. to occur then the case would have to go to court (very unlikely) she loses (very, very unlikely) and she does not pay whatever the judge orders. This is so unlikely that it can be discounted. As for debt collectors, don't forget that they are just private citizens, with no special powers. They cannot enter property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken somebody's credit record over an alleged parking "offence". In the very unlikely event that they do turn up at her work-place then she can tell them to go away or the police will be called.

Hi DBC

I understand the situation as well as the advice from you, have taken advice before re my own Parking Tkt, so I shall tell her to sit back and relax and forget about the threats.

Mr W

Control Account are well known. Just ignore them and ask yourself if they have a good case why aren't you getting a court summons?

It's a mail [problem].

Home/work visits are very rare and only likely if you're round the corner from them in London. £100 is a piddling amount and the time, effort and petrol would make it pretty pointless.

If anyone did call, you have two choices:

• tell them to go forth and multiply

or

• sit down and have a nice chat and a bourbon.

Either way they can do absolutely nothing. They are just an ordinary private company like Joe Bloggs Plumbers.

She has nothing to worry about. For all that nonsense about bailiffs etc. to occur then the case would have to go to court (very unlikely) she loses (very, very unlikely) and she does not pay whatever the judge orders. This is so unlikely that it can be discounted.

I'd go so far as to say there's zero chance whatsover. Euro have never done court and they never will do. They know they'd lose and that they'd probably end up in the nationals.

Just ignore - among the threats will be lots of maybe's and might's and nothing definate - all empty threats and promises

They work on intimidating people into paying and rely on ignorance and you not knowing it is a [problem].

They want money and if you do not fall for it they will go onto their next potential victim - just why we Brits put up with it I do not know - nothing like this in motorway service areas, hypermarket & superstore carparks on the continent because if they tried it they would be run out of town or more than likely lynched

Fight back and tell everyone you can think of about the [problem] and how it works

Ignore, you are safe as these people will not do court even when requested to do so (personal experience) because they are well aware their chances of success are zero