caledfwlch

Annualcreditreport.co.uk confused/question.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3656 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an account with the above, and looking under linked addresses, it has an old address of mine, and under the various headings is FRAUD ALERT: Address actively linked to your current address.

Does this mean some **** collector has decided to mark me as a fraudster to make life difficult, or is it to warn me in case someone has been opening accounts in my name?

Also, on the electoral roll section it has FRAUD ALERT - On the marketing section of electoral roll.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm from annualcreditreport.co.uk.

The Fraud Alerts are to warn you of information that may indicate fraud, or which may leave you open to fraud. In the case of an active account at a previous address, for example, this means that anyone who picks up a statement addressed to you at an old address could impersonate you by using the statement as evidence that they are you. In this case, the action you should consider taking is to either notify the lender of your new address, or close the account if it is no longer required. If you don't recognise the account, you might be already prey to an identity thief, in which case please email us or call us on 01872 308645.

In the case of your record indicating that you are on the marketing version of the electoral roll, we recommend that for privacy reasons that you opt-out of allowing your details to be sold to anyone who asks.

Hope this helps but if anything is not clear, please just use the contact us form on the site (click first on the help link) or phone on the above number.

Thanks