• Tweets

• It definitely has to be 100% or they have pulled a fast one on you - even before the govt clarified on this I found advise to this end that it has to be pre-furlough pay.
    • I thought so, I managed to get hold of ACAS and have put in a claim.    thank you 
    • I assume your holidays run from March to April or something similar. As far as i know your holidays continue to accrue - covid or not, especially since you kept working they have no leg to stand on.
    • Thank you so much for the replies already!   Just to add to the original post , I no longer live at the address that they've send the letter to (have changed my address with DvLa) not sure if it makes a difference    For a windscreen ticket  1 The date of infringement? 11th February 2017   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? Yes. I dont have any evidence of it as it was from 3 years ago. I sent photos of the car park and my parking ticket . I still have the paid parking ticket    has there been a response? No.      have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] I can't recall this. But I believe I may have    When I received debt collectors letters , I then sent the offer to pay letters and the PDA   5 Who is the parking company? One parking solution    6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Vantage point , brighton  08-13-2020-11.24.33.pdf offer to pay - pcn.pdf pda.pdf
    • ok, bit more info i should have stated. The claim was started within the 6 years stat limitation. the hearing was after 6 years had expired and so was the strike out. It is now 8 years past default notice, and i have not heard anything since strike out for 1.5 years. surely another claim for the same terminated account is timebarred, even if they change the amount to a lesser amount.   the issue is the oc bank has written to me stating i am due a refund of wrongly taken charges and interest FROM 2011 and have applied the refund to the os balance, which is with the purchaser company who was struck out. The oc say they have informed the purchaser of the revised balance, which means the claim against me by the purchaser was for the wrong balance. surely this does not mean thy could use this balance for a new claim 8 years later? this smells like a trick.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
ophis

Gas bill from British Gas while being with nPower

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3644 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi.

On 09/2009 i`v moved in to a flat rented through rental agency that informed me that my gas and elec supplier is nPower.

After few months i have finally recived my gas bill from npower but there was no sign of electricity bill.

2 months later some electricity bills came but from Britis Gas and on some other name than mine (previous occupier im guesing). So i took all the bills and gave them to rental agency asking what the hell is that. They said to ignore it because flat is with nPower...

After a mont there was still no sign of elec bill from nPower. I called n power and they told me that this flat have no account with them tregarding elec. So i called rental agency and they assured me there is nothing to worry about because this flat is with npower.

Its been almost a year now and British Gas knocked to my doors with warrant to take meter readings...

Now i'v recieved electricity bill for £900 and GAS BILL for another 200. But gass i payed uptodate with npower.

So basicaly british gas made me gas account without my permision and knowlerge.

After sending them email. They asked me for serial number of my gas metter.

Any sugestions how to solve this? Also is there a way to split this elec bill on some monthly payments?

-----

Sorry for my english.

Unfortunately the electricity situation for you isn't brilliant. Whilst you have been misinformed by your letting agent regarding the electricity supplier, it remains your responsibility as the person responsible for the electricity to find and pay the correct supplier (especially since nPower themselve advised you they're not the supplier, and BG have been sending you bills). They are unlikely to accept monthly payments, though you can certainly attempt to negotiate and explain the situation. The likelihood is that you'll need to get a prepayment meter installed with the debt loaded, or they'll do this on warrant (which, after 10 months of non-payment, they will get).

The gas is a seperate issue. I would recommend finding out if the MSN you've been paying nPower for is for your flat. If it is, speak to nPower and find out if they're still registered as the supplier. If not, and British Gas have indeed taken over your meter without permission, advise them you'd like them to treat it as an erroneous transfer. It may be that BG have supplied your gas all along as well and nPower have been billing you in error, but one or both of the companies should be able to help you investigate this.

it remains your responsibility as the person responsible for the electricity to find and pay the correct supplier.

Please quote the Statute Law or regulations for this statement. The customer is not responsible. The utilities are responsible for sending accurate bills to the occupier at correct address.

I am beginning to think that your presence on this forum is to put foreward the utilities' case. They would dearly love to pass these resonsibilities to the occupier.

It would be helpful if you would tell the OP how he should attempt to find out which utilities are supplying him.

Clearly your energy suppliers are in a muddle. This is not uncommon so it is sensible to do some checking yourself. All suppliers and the National Grid (the distibutor) have not yet evolved self checking computer systems and their databases can contain errors

Ring National Grid give them your address and request the following for both gas and electricity. Do not tell them who you think are your suppliers and do not tell them your meter numbers if you have them

a) the suppliers

b) your meter numbers

c) your meter point reference numbers (MPRN)

Make a careful record of these.

You may find that NG cannot trace your address and if this is the case post again and skip the rest of this check. If they ask for your meter number do not give it nor tell them who you think are your suppliers.

If NG can give you the information a) b) c) above you must check the bills to make sure that the meter readings are being taken from the meter numbers that your suppiers are using for your bills - the meter numbers will be on the bills somwhere.

Finally you should check that the meter numbers given by NG are in fact for the meters supplying your flat and that the suppliers have your correct meter readings.

To do this you must have access to your meters.

If they are in your flat there is no problem.

In many apartment blocks they are in meter rooms containing all the meters for all the apartments. Sometimes they are outside the apartment in outside boxes. If this is the case you will need keys to access your meters which you should obtain from the letting agents - they often do not supply them. Even if you have acccess these rooms can be in a fiendish unlabelled muddle and it is often difficult to tell which is your meter. If you can locate the meter as on your bill you can do a simple switch off test to check that the meter is actually supplying your flat - it is not uncommon for meters to be mixed up.

Everything may check out fine but you may well find surprising differences between NG, the supplers and the actual meters. Let us know what you find !

Sorry Pelham but NG cannot tell you who your electricity supplier is. To find that out you will need to contact the local distribution company.

Thanks Davehsug,

The last last time I rang NG (9 months ago) they were able to confirm my electricity supplier even though they were not my local electricity distributor according to the map shown in the following link.

http://www.energylinx.co.uk/electricity_distribution_map.htm

I wouild sttill advise the OP to ring NG - if they will not give him the information he requires they will be able to redirect him - unless they are disdposed to be difficult.

Can you give some informattion as to when NG ceased to be the main electricity distributor keeping a record of suppliers? It seems to me that the stance that many suppliers take that they have not committted a Billing Code error if an occupier has not contacted them is unrealistic if their is not a simple way of determining who the supplier is.

I wasn't aware that they ever were? I thought that this information was only held by the local distributors. Either way, I'm sure they would have access to the ECOES system so would know who the supplier is. Whether are not they should give out that information is another matter, although the whole sysytem of who supplies is much more open these days than it was a few years back & that can't be a bad thing.