Welcome Repo...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys and Girls,

We bought a car through Welcome(Stupid, I know) in late 2008. We paid them regularly until about June, when work dried up and we couldn’t afford it. It only took me a few months to get it sorted, but left us with three payments in arrears. We agreed a payment plan with Welcome until we were back on our feet. We did not miss a payment again. February this year we received a default notice. I wrote them and explained the situation. Heard nothing back. Even called them and still discussed it, very unhelpful.

Just over or under two weeks later we received a contract termination document. Regardless of this, I still paid my monthly instalment via direct debit. In May I decided to stop my payments until I had a written agreement stating under what terms I am paying, since I did not have an official agreement with them. I heard nothing until June 2nd when they repo’d the car on our drive way.

From June 2nd through to Friday, August 6th, we did not hear a single thing from them. Absolutely nothing. We did not get a pre-repo document. We did not get any document left after the company had broken the window and taken the car. We did not even get an inventory of the items in the car and where to collect it. Friday’s letter just stated how much we owed and a 50% payment now offer.

I know what they did was wrong and they missed several key things, but what would be the best course of action now?

Thanks, appreciate it a bundle!

Craig