Richard_SW

Can I ask for a refund of second hand goods (even if they haven't even been delivered yet?)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I bought a bed frame for a second hand shop for £80 but I've found it cheaper elsewhere. The bed frame itself has not been delivered yet, can I go to the store and ask for a refund?

Does the seven day cooling off period still apply here? I'm not entirely sure of my rights.

Thank you so much for the help and advice.

Warm regards,

Richard.

Not if you bought the item in person, the Distant Selling Regulations apply if you purchased an item without face to face contact ("through means of distant communication" is the correct wording). If you did purchase an item in a store, and you have paid for it, then you have concluded a binding contract, and you would need to ask the retailer what their returns policy is - there isn't any rights to return goods (bought in a shop in person) if you have simply changed your mind - although many retailers do give consumers the choice to return if not required etc.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)