Lots of debt and have questions!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi evryone,

I've been reading the threads on this site for hours and i can't believe there's so much stuff i don't know

Basically i have lots of debt through unsecured loans, credit cards and catalogues amounting to about £20,000. I did start a plan with Payplan but my husband and i split up and its totally got even worse now. I keep reading about things to do with CCA's , can someone explain what this is? I know i probably seem a bit stupid but literally just stumbled upon this site and its already the most helpful thing i've read about debt and already feeling more positive.

Thanks

Helen

Welcome to CAG Helen, you have come to the right place.

A CCA request is sent to whoever you have alleged debts with if they are credit cards or loans.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

You send this to see if the agreements are enforceable or not.

Send by recorded delivery with a £1 postal order, do not sign just print your name. Edit as necessary,

Post up what ever you get back using tiny pics or photobucket removing all personal identifiers and you will be advised accordingly.

Can you give a few more details of your alleged debts before procedeing

• Haha 1

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thanks thats brilliant. All of my credit cards (4 in total) are Halifax as are 2 loans. One of the loans has just turned into a CCJ and i'm having to pay £150 a month so i don't think i can do anything about that one. I also have a Littlewoods catalogue account.

With regards to your message, what makes the agreements enforcable or not?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Thanks thats brilliant. All of my credit cards (4 in total) are Halifax as are 2 loans. One of the loans has just turned into a CCJ and i'm having to pay £150 a month so i don't think i can do anything about that one. I also have a Littlewoods catalogue account.

With regards to your message, what makes the agreements enforcable or not?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Hi Helen, this link should help:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?105315-Is-My-Agreement-Enforceable-Useful

I thing you should start everything again, cos you are single now start from beginning

1. feel one of Excel Budget Planner.xls

2. write to creditors about changes in you circumstance, and ask them to hold additional charges, you can found templates letters http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758-Creditors-and-DCAs-Letter-Templates-Budget-Planner

i will recommend you book to start your new fresh live (this will get your husband)

"The money secret" Rob Parsons & "The money tree" Martin Bamford i will also read "The sixty minute of marriage" Rob Parsons - if you have any children

Please be aware that im not finance adviser - Good luck

I have no legal training, I'm based on my own personal experiences.

Hi Helen 10

A warm welcome to the forums, you seem to be in a pickle and confused to, thats pretty normal, can you post a ' potted history ' ( a judge asked me that in a recent hearing ). ie amounts to whom, state of play, how did the loan turn to ccj? did you not defend?.

Give us as much info as you can and we will all help you out.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Have you contacted Payplan to explain about your change in circumstances? If not, they will be able to review your income and expenditure again to find a more management and realistic payment for you to pay to your creditors.

Hi Helen

At some point you need to see if you have been mis-sold PPI which you can claim back with interest. Also have you paid Penalty Charges that you can claim back with interest. You can claim back at least 6 years as a minimum, it could make a quite a difference. All templates + spreadsheet + help can be found on this site.