cutting off gas/elec Atlantic.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, my situation is that i have recieved final demand stating if i dont pay in full immediately, my premises will be visited and services cut off/pre payment meter fitted at a cost of £250 to me.

I have rung them to set up payenet plan, but they have refused and want all, which i cannot afford.

Question is, do they have to apply to court for a warrant to do this, and how long will it take, as i will prob be able to clear in 2 more months.

When should i expect a knock at the door, and do i have to allow entry without a warrrant?

many thanks

Hi - a friend was in a similar position to you last year. They company wouldn't agree to a repayment plan and went for a warrant and came and changed the metres. I know that she was charged quite a bit - at least £250. The debt is then added to the metres so that each time you top up your card/key a certain amount goes towards the debt. Why don't you ring them and say that you'd be happy for them to come and change the metres without going to court. That way you would at least save having to pay further court fees (which again would be added to the outstanding debt and collected through the metre).

They cannot enter your home without a warrant, but they will go for a warrant and if you don't let them in, they will enter anyway.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Definitely request meters before the account gets to warrant to prevent further costs.

Most of the time prepay is the same cost as paying on demand on a quarterly invoice. Prepayment gives you the flexibility to pay a negotiated amount each week towards the arrears, normally £5 per fuel, or £3 if you are on benefits.

Dont forget that even if you could clear your existing balance within 2 months you will most likely have another invoice by then, which will also require immediate payment