Section 75 Claim gone wrong

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well,

I paid £495 for Cartel Client Review PPI recovery, as you may know CCR have been shut down.

Luckily I paid with a Natwest Credit Card (which I still owe on) , so I put in a Section 75 claim.

Natwest agreed with my claim and said that they would refund me the money, but I discovered (to my horror) that they had used All of the money to pay the credit card.

There is still money owing in the card.

I have put in a Financial Ombudsman Complaint, but having read other stories about this service I wonder if there is anything else I can do in the meanwhile whilst they 'sort it out' to reclaim the money.

:-x

Having paid with your credit card, it is normal for them to make any refund as a credit to the same account. They would only pay you direct if the card had been closed and there was no outstanding balance on that a/c

How do I go about trying to reclaim the money from the credit card when the Plastic doesn't exist and the account is £1000+ over it's credit limit

Having paid with your credit card, it is normal for them to make any refund as a credit to the same account. They would only pay you direct if the card had been closed and there was no outstanding balance on that a/c

Hi HAWC

Michael is perfectly correct in the advice given.

As there is money owing, over the credit card limit, the bank placed the section 75 repayment in that account to offset the current debt. It is within their rights to do so, I'm afraid and you can verify this by checking their T&C's. You can't get the money back as the CC co have used it to offset your debt to them.

One positive side to this is that your debt has been reduced, meaning less interest applied to the account and the other is that you are not worse off financially, thankfully. Many folk who paid by different means got no refund ie cash, cheque etc.

I know for a fact that Cartel would encourage "clients" to charge all their fees to cards and say that if it went belly up, that section 75 could be used. That was sharp practice at best.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

• 1 month later...