Can a debt collection company 'default' you

mike_john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I only thought they could default you if they owned the debt as in bought from original creditor and a lot of them automatically seem to default the alleged debtor after purchase prior even to first contact it seems and then the harassment starts. If they dont own the debt they could be in a lot of trouble.

If there is no signed credit agreement with the original creditor they wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

You need to request a copy of your credit agreement, (template sections have letter to send to them and enclose 1.00 postal order) and send it to arrow global as they are the ones persuing you or soon to be if noticed default. If they cant provide it you can later request equifax remove the said note on your report.

debt collectors must show either a asignment of the debt by the other company to them or they must have purchase the debt outright ,but wether they own the debt or not DEBT COLLECTER ACT AS IF THEY ARE THE LAW and on most occasions they will default just to cause you harm or to blackmail you into paying them what they do not deserve...so no if they do not own the debt they are not supposed to default you but also a lot of the blame lies with Equ and other CRA's that they are supposed to use due dilligance and check out the documents etc,but they dont so you need to find our by SAR to the OC and cca to the DCA

patrickq1

Hi, Mike.

What was the debt ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, Mike.

What was the debt ?

Hello,

The Debt was Orange mobile a couple of years back.

I paid it to I think Wescot or someone and I went onto the credit site and it's shown as a default then satisfied.

Was £420 ish

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

Link to SAR letter as requested.

You would normally send this to the Original Creditor. You can of course send supplementary requests to the DCA if they have been on your case for a long time, but I doubt you would obtain the information you require from them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the advice .

So the debt collector was paid and its satisfied (this was done a while ago)

So I send the SAR to Orange and take it up with them or send the SAR to Arrow ?

Sorry this is my 1st time and I haven’t got a clue

Mike

Send the SAR to Orange. Although having read your thread, you paid this amount to Wescot didnt you ? So why the hell has Arrow Global got hold of it ?

Do you have a receipt for the monies paid to Wescot ?

BCOBS

Send the SAR to Orange. Although having read your thread, you paid this amount to Wescot didnt you ? So why the hell has Arrow Global got hold of it ?

Do you have a receipt for the monies paid to Wescot ?

Hi ,

Yeah I had a letter from Wescot and paid them for it never got a letter but the placed a 'satisfied' on the account - I have no idea why arrow have done this ?

Thanks,

Mike

It might be worth dropping them a letter asking why ? If they dont give you a satisfactory response, perhaps you can ask the ICO to sort it out for you.

BCOBS

I'm confused ..

So originally the contract was with Orange then arrow took at and defauleted me... would the SAR not go to arrow instead of orange ?

This is what my report says ,

Company Name / Insight Account NumberAccount TypeTermsStart BalanceCurrent Balance Arrow Global Ltd (I) / XXCommunications Supplier0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) £ 0 £ 0 StatusCredit LimitDate UpdatedStart DateDate Last DelinquentDate SatisfiedDefault DateDefault / Delinquent Balance Settled £ 005/11/200603/11/200311/0605/11/2006 £ 411

SepOctNovDec 2006

icon_red_default.gificon_green_satisfy.gif

Also would the ICO deal with this situation ?