style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hoping someone can help, I sent a letter away to lloyds tsb in newport, south wales claiming I had been mis-sold the policy, I have now received a letter back advising that it is not their department that deal with the ppi as the ppi was taken out with an outside company and they have forwarded my letter onto the complaints department , po box 42, peterlee, county durham., as I took my loan out over the phone (top-up) how could it be an outside company when the ppi was taken at the same time as the loan

Ikonos,

Matters not who provided the insurance. If it was lloyds to whom you were making your monthly repayments, it is lloyds who should be handling any PPI refund.

I suspect they are trying to pass the buck here.

Personally, I would write back to Lloyds telling them as it was they who took your monthly repayments, they should be dealing with your complaint. If they are insistant that they are not responsible, they should put this in writing as their final response so you can refer the matter to the FOS.

Good luck

DJ

I've experienced a similar issue.

I know the golden rule is to send letters, but i have had very results from phoning Newport, they seem pretty helpful and friendly.

I've heard horror stories about LTSB, but in my case, i've been dealt with very well. On one of my complaints, i recieved an offer of full refund plus 8% after just one phone call and within 1 week of complaining.

If you need any numbers or help give me a shout.