redrum3wins

If you are no longer claiming benefits, can you be called in by DWP for interview under caution?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3648 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello to all and anyone whom can offer some advice.

Is it possible for the DWP to calll a person in for interview under caution if they are no longer claiming benefits? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ive seen a few cases on here where people have been called in when no longer in receipt of them.

I thought they could call you in in such circumstances, but obvioulsy if working the appt would need to suit you.

Thre are also cases where in fraud cases (not saing yours is one :) ) where they call in non resident partners etc.....

yes they can, i was called for 1 and i was no longer claiming and I think it's been said on here it can be years down the line.

First of all thanks Scott for moving my post to where it should be. Thanks for all replies, I'm a newbie to forums and find this one very good. Many thanks to all members for making it such. I also have an email telling me that I have a P.M. can anyone tell me how I can read it please.

Also, would it usually be best not to say or even turn up at one of these interviews? Sorry for all the questions in the one post!

Best

RedRum3wins

Top of forum pages blue banding, notifications should show new message, click on that xx

Give them a ring and ask what is the interview about as your at a loss before you make your mind up about attending or not xx

• Confused 1

Thanks for the wise counsel loopinlouie

Best Regards

Hi, just a quick one with a bit of info. I had a friend (45) that had worked and claimed years ago - 1984. This went on for about a year whilst he started to build his business up. After 12 months he signed off and went self employed full time.

In about 1989 he was contacted by the DSS (DWP) but refused to discuss anything with them. A few days later he was aroused from bed at 5am with Police everywhere, was arrested and kept for two days whilst evidence was examined following the search warrants ,until charged. He was found guilty in Crown Court for failing to disclose that he was trading and trying to set up a business (he actually earned peanuts in the first 12 months) - whilst claiming he was unemployed. He had a 'clean' record and was given a 12 prison sentence, 6 months to serve with 6 months suspended for two years, two years probation and told to repay the whole of the amount he had claimed - £1040 within 6 months or serve the suspended sentence.

He told me that when he arrived at Strangeways Prison, Manchester, he was made to feel that he was another 'Ronnie Biggs'. Apparently his case had been on the Granada TV North News and local radio stations! A few days later he was in both local Lancashire newspapers.

Edited by GRUMPYOLEMAN

I was made redundant and with the redundancy money I bought about £500 of stuff to re-sell. I am not a very good salesman and turnover was about £100 a week of which only £40 was profit excluding advertising. After advertising profit almost Nil. Packed it in after about six weeks and then got the interview. They looked on the £100 as income and not the profit margin, but part fo teh £100 was money that I had used from my redundancy. They stopped our housing and council tax allowance but it went no further than that. If I was earning £100 a week in profit I can understand being sanctioned. At the time I never thought I was doing anything wrong as in essence I was not really earning very much at all.

We are certainly living in the 1984 George Orwell times I can see. It was a friend of mine whom was asked to be interviewed, but he feels righteousness indignation about the way he has asked to go for interview under caution. He is going to seek legal advice, even though he knows or thinks he's done nothing wrong. A little like if you get followed and stopped by the police, you know you have done nothing wrong, but start getting pretty anxious in case they deem that you have.