Jump to content

How to complain about a judge ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Judges are considered the most impartial and trustworthy members of our legal system, but unfortunately, anyone is subject to corruption or incompetence. Judges can be removed from the bench when legitimate complaints avw.php?zoneid=2&cb=77971172462661613&source=&n=a14de4a9&slice=-689-&dma=-0-&cty=-GB-&content_type=article&content_type_id=472362&category_id=17&key_ad=1755243002&site_id=1&ad_pos=2&key_page=77971172462661613&ac_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.associatedcontent.com%2Farticle%2F472362%2Fhow_to_file_a_complaint_about_a_judge.html



are lodged against them but the process is usually long and painful. If you want to complain about a judge, consider the long-term effects and the price of the battle you are choosing to wage before you decide to go to war.


Before you can do anything at all, you'll need to hire a competent attorney who has experience in complaints against officers of the court. You'll need your attorney to back you up when you complain about a judge, and he will know the proper channels to use as you begin this battle. Although you can file your complain on your own, it is usually not advisable because the legal system can be confusing.


You should also know that you cannot file a lawsuit against a judge, even if you have a legitimate complaint, because judges are granted what is called judicial immunity. This means that they are not subject to criminal or civil court proceedings as long as they have a place on the bench, so your complaint must be directed through the appellate court in your state. Different areas have different methods of accomplishing this task.


In most cases, you'll need to file your complaint with the appellate court in which your original case was heard. The clerk can guide you through the process if your attorney is not present, but it's best to take the necessary forms and fill them out on your own time. You don't want to feel pressured at the courthouse, subsequently forgetting details or making mistakes. This is a delicate process and deserves to be treated with care.


It is important to remember that you can't file a complaint about a judge just because you are unhappy with whatever verdict he rendered. Judges are trusted with impartiality, and most other judges will choose to uphold whatever decision was made. Furthermore, the law requires that a complaint be in response to prejudice by the judge in question, which means that he made prejudicial decisions that influenced the outcome of a trial.

For example, you could file a complaint against a judge who expressed an opinion about the outcome of a trial before all testimony was heard. Because such statements are prejudicial to a jury, they are not allowed, and avw.php?zoneid=2&cb=77971172462661988&source=&n=a14de4a9&slice=-689-&dma=-0-&cty=-GB-&content_type=article&content_type_id=472362&category_id=17&key_ad=393008610&site_id=1&ad_pos=2&key_page=77971172462661988&ac_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.associatedcontent.com%2Farticle%2F472362%2Fhow_to_file_a_complaint_about_a_judge_pg2.html%3Fpage%3D2



this qualifies as gross misconduct under several statutes. On the other hand, if you have a complaint about due process, it is best to bring this up with the appellate court in general rather than with one particular judge.



If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may help.





I'm sorry I haven't got time just yet to read through it to see if it answers your question.


he has a mouse to catch :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)


Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.


923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE



Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)


If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site


Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...