DaBoss

Sky contract help!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi,

i took out a contract with sky on monday through Phones 4 Uwhich consisted of:

Sky+ HD with Sky World + HD pack

ESPN (which i was not told that it was free for only the 1st 3months)

2x multiroom boxes.

totaling to £60.50pm

one off payment of £79.00

i have all this on a sky order summary contract which was printed at the phones 4 u store i have signed.

had sky installed to day and i still have no premium channels!

first off the installer said there was a mix up with the cards that they have sent and i now have to wait 3-5 days for my multi-room boxes to work, so no tv in the bedrooms other than basic stuff.

Also i have had a Sky+HD box with the HD subscription as it says in my contract, went to view a HD channel and its telling me i need to subscribe, which i already have done. Called sky and they have told me that the wrong card is in the HD box and i need to swap it with the one that doesnt work with the muti-room box. done that now i have to wait 4 hours for any premium channels or HD channels to appear on my HD box.

i then asked what my monthly bill will be just to make sure everything correct and there telling me its going to be £68.50!!

i said no its not mate. i have contract here stating that its £60.50pm with sky world, hd pack, 2x multi-room and ESPN. he then told me ESPN was only for the 1st 3 months then i would have to pay extra for it after that, now your telling me i got to pay more then what was agreed without ESPN!!! he then told me hes having problems with the computer and if i can hold.

this is when i got angry. i explained that i have been on this phone to sky with nothing but problems caused by them for the last 50minutes (25+ of those minutes on hold) and im being charged 6p a minute for there mistakes!! i told him he can ring me back. 1 hour has passed and still no phone call.

im beginning to regret joining sky and leaving virgin media.

what do think is the best action to take regarding the contract?

has anyone else had this much hassle with them and what was there outcome?

thank you

Dont start me off, they are not my best buddies:)

If want to leave make sure within cancelation period. Ive just left them within cancellation period for tv due to them cutting my phone line in a dud take over and then they cut it again :( Wonder how many new customers leave when experience their customer services of hell?

I mean if want to stay you could ring and put them on notice that if not resolved promptly you will leave..If you make sure you put them on notice within the period and they let you down they cant hold you to it, good idea to record calls for proof, mobile on record sound should do it.

I am so peed off that my kids have funnily learnt sky is a trigger word with me. Today son says mum look at that lovely sky out there and I start to repeat him and growl xxxxxxxxOur line is still dead you see.

I mean if they say it will take some time to sort it, insist they dont charge you for the contract till you have all the cards etc and chanels you need, but still put them on that notice. Make sure you understand what you are being charged for, I remember each room multroom was quoted at 10.00 a room and then theres the 10.00 for your package being hd on top of what package you choose.

They also have discretionary offers for inconvinience, I was offered half price tv for six months but chose they were too much hastle. You could always ask for a similar offer to keep you.

The rest is up to them, how much do they want you as a customer?

Best wishes xx

lol i am ****ed off to the max now!! i had to call them back because the record on my sky+HD didn't work either, plus the guy never called me bak about my subcription price, was on hold again and the lady then said she will give me a call back, which i didnt believe and i told her im still waiting for someone else to call me back and that was 2 1/2 hours ago. she called me back and she said that the hd channels have been sorted etc ad it should be on within 2min - 4 hours, along with my record function. now i have the hd pack and still no record fuction. checked the other box which she also claimed to have sorted out and i got premium channels but no sports or movies. if nothings right by the morning im call and requesting a discount for all the trouble they have put me through. did you speak with manager or just a normal customer service operator loopinlouie?

It was manager of the tv section so they said. Also if you have email the cheif executives email is : jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

That normally gets through to them, though they dont like me now I think ha ha as not giving up. Hey tell them loopinlouie of cag told you the email address as she thinks your customer services is shi* too so best go higher xx. They dont like it up em :) :)

lmao, well ill be on the phone to sky 1st thing complaining and threaten to take my services elsewhere. if nothings going to get done about i will be email your friends at sky lol. thank you very much for the email addresses.

more opinions on this matter are welcome :)

The best way of dealing with sky is through email set up a sky id and send all correspondence through that. Under their complaints charter they have to reply in under 72 hours or their breeching their own rules of which they could be liable for and also it goes directly to sky not to one of their inept third party call centres.

hope this helps

Paul

Hi Daboss,

If the cards have been in the wrong boxes then they will need to resend all the signals,.

ESPN is free for 3 months after that you can either pay £9 per month or cancel them (only available to new customers)

you also must be on other offers as

sky world £48.50

multiroom £10 x 2 £20

ESPN as above

HD Pack £10

it doesn't add up

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)