6 year timescale

stripper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paying a debt to a DCA for 7 years and in the last 3+ years they have neither contacted me for the usual payment increase nor sent me any form of statement detailing my balance.If this carries on for a further 3 years does this make the situation 'Statute Barred?'

Thanks

Stripper:confused:

Hi,

Unfortunately not.

The only way a debt becomes Statute Barred is if NO payment is made in a six year period (5 years in Scotland) AND you haven't acknowledged that you owe a debt in the same period

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You need to see a statement these parasites could be adding £00's in interest, write to them asking for a statement of account.

If you get back something that you are not happy with in any way come back to this thread.

Have you ever CCA'd to see if they are legally entitled to collect.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Having looked at my original Loan agreement dated late 2002 there are two boxes for APR % ,one for the loan and the other for Ins ,both are blank and there are no references to the rate charged.Over leaf the T & C refer to interest that will be calculated on all amounts due under the agreement that remains unpaid.

Is this acceptable(enforceable)as the agreement is on two sides without a signature,and no interest rate .The signature appears on a second sheet (Customers Copy) and refers to retaining the Customers copy for my records, when in fact it is headed ' Borrowers Copy'.

I would rathe not copy and paste at this moment ,I am just basically starting my investigations into the account.However it is being handled by CDCS for Barclays.

I never got notification of transfer or sale of the account,so are CDCS a Barclays in house agency.

Stripper

These forums do seem strangely quiet. Has there been a knobbling?

So, you have an original copy that was incomplete, with no interest rates? I'd say that was completely unenforcable. Stop paying them. It might be interesting to send a CCA request anyway, see if you can catch them out telling lies about it.

Is there a difference between a fixed sum payment loan and a straight forward credit card,when it comes to showing interest rates?

I cant find anything referring to this but I am sure there is.I hope not though!!

Stripper