Lucky Escape Perhaps....??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I hope that someone may be able to offer some advice.

In Mid-June I was caught speeding on the M11 doing I think it was 66mph in a 50mph limit. I drive a company car which is leased and so the notification was first sent to the lease company who then forwarded to my employer who finally then notified me. It didnt come as a surprise as I had seen the camera flash me that night so it was expected.

I had a form to complete and return to Essex Police which I did within 1 week of receipt. I can confirm the exact date for you at some stage because on the same date that I posted it I had to email a copy to my head office for their records and have the sent email still in my "sent box". I was unable to put my driving license number on the form because my license was with the DVLA at the time for a photograph renewal but there was a box to tick on the form if I didnt have my license for any reason and I made them a note explaining why I was unable to provide my DL number.

Anyway, I had to put my own personal details on the form and so expected to hear back from Essex police to my own home address.

I think this was at least 4 weeks ago and I've had nothing back from them. I was wondering.... if they do not get back in touch within a certain amount of time is there any way that this can be written off and I could have a "lucky escape" so to speak? I am sure that I've heard if they don't write to you within 1 month of being flashed that would be the case and wondered if the same or similar would apply in this instance?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for your time!

The six month time limit is from date of offence to laying information at Court to generate a summons.

What normally happens, is that when the Police receive your form (assuming it wasn't lost in the post), they send you a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty, which you have 28 days to respond to. If you don't respond, or say you decline to pay the COFP, they will pass it to the Court.

It seems highly unusual that they haven't sent you a COFP after 4 weeks, which is presumably quite a few weeks after the date of offence, including the time it would have taken to track you down through the lease company and your employer. You need to work out the offence date + 6 months, this is your "timeout" date, so if they send you a COFP less than 28 days before that, they will be out of time to summons you.