Robinson Way debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine owes £11,367 to Robinson Way and has been sent a letter telling her she has 10 days (it was sent on Wednesday) to get in touch with them or they will send someone round to her house. Any ideas on how much they would accept each month? At a push, she could offer between £80-£100, but they've been chasing the debt for a long time and she's not convinced they'd be interested in such a 'small' amount. We've just had a look on their website and they also offer the option of negotiating a fee to settle the account now. She doesn't have anything to offer, but how much would they be likely to accept?

Having googled the name I can see Robinson Way don't have a very good reputation. Any suggestions on how to deal with them would be very welcome, thanks.

They have no right to visit your friend and if they did turn up, which is highly unlikely, just refuse to open the door or to speak to them.

Do they have a right to collect on this alleged debt? Has your friend denta CCA request, if not they should send one with a £1 postal order, with name printed and recorded delivery. When they get a reply then post with personal details blacked out for further help. I'll post a link to the letter when I find it!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Found it!

Edited by cymruambyth

Just a warning as this has happened to me in the last year, i was renewing a loan i had with a local company skyline Northern Ireland and after the woman had handed me the loan money she announced that she was also from robinson way and was there to collect on a debt.... i couldnt exactly say no as she had just handed me money.... just beware what local loans you have xox