Help needed regards Cap1 & Cougar Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to this site & hope someone can give some advice on how to deal with this. I was made unemployed in March & have struggled to get a job since,as a result have not been able to pay capitol one credit card,I have told them the reason why & advised would hopefully set up a payment arrangement when working,Since then i have constant letters & calls & charges added to the original debt also now has been passed to Cougar Finance who are threatening people coming round to house or bailiffs selling goods to pay required amount. I have sent letters advising circumstances but to no avail.

This is beginning to affect all aspects of my life and hope someone can help me get some respite from them for a while at least.

Many Thx.

Helllo and Welcome,

How did you apply for the card and when ?

You can also re-claim most off the charges, do you have all your statements.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Had card for a couple of years now,had been paying it no problem,No dont think I could lay my hands on all the statements :(

Helllo and Welcome,

How did you apply for the card and when ?

You can also re-claim most off the charges, do you have all your statements.

Regards.

Scott.

Hiya,

What Scott was suggesting was that you may have charges that may be reclaimed. You can so this by sending them a SAR in which they would send you all your statements etc so you can work out what could be reclaimed.

Also in the meantime it may help if you were to make on offer of payment, no matter how little it is, to show that you are willing.

I will post up a few things that will help you

Ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Hi Guys,

Many thx for the advice,I have sent a letter already stating my circumstances & that I do intend to pay when employed & I did sign it.

I also put the a/c into dispute re the charges but dont have the statements so would the SAR solve this & would this be in letter form?

I was going to ask for the CCA is this a good idea?

Hiya,

What Scott was suggesting was that you may have charges that may be reclaimed. You can so this by sending them a SAR in which they would send you all your statements etc so you can work out what could be reclaimed.

Also in the meantime it may help if you were to make on offer of payment, no matter how little it is, to show that you are willing.

I will post up a few things that will help you

Ida x

the sar shoudl get you all the statements and a copy of the agreement