Gaznkaz08

Mileage issue with new car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Done a deal yesterday with a private individual where we swapped vehicles. Since doing some research after i got home i have found that there is a massive problem with the mileage. I have also found out he tried to sell the vehicle on an owners forum earlier in the year and somebody picked this issue up. Therefore he knew there was a problem, i have proof as well as i manged to get printouts from the forum thread where it's mentioned.

Have i got any legal standing know and i can prove he knew there was an issue,???

It would be up to do the pursuing, and that his transaction was deceptive. You would need to have the evidence available, so print it off and be sure that it actually identifies your seller.

It would be up to do the pursuing, and that his transaction was deceptive. You would need to have the evidence available, so print it off and be sure that it actually identifies your seller.

exact same forum name and seller ID, same pics used on the same driveway etc etc

i can prove he knew, would i have any legal backing when i confront him?

Define 'backing'? You would have to pursue him, and present the evidence that his transaction was deceptive. You need to ask him to compensate you for this deception, and only on his refusal could you take it further.

right i'm going to pursue him, in worst case scenario what would it cost through the courts, what would happen about the car, how would we be compensated, etc etc

Around £60 to raise the action, but you need to derive what you need done. (rectify a fault, compensate for the misdescription, or reject the sale and require you money back). If you win, you get your fees back assuming he has funds. If HE wins, you pay his costs, which will be capped at £100 or so.

If he has no realizable assets, there is no point in going to court, as if there's no money, there's nothing to get.