CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once you've pressed ' Settings' at the top it brings up the threads you may wish to llok at, it then shows a button ' View all subscribed threads' a little further down on the r/h side (Be handy if that was on all the pages webby) press that and it shows you the threads and who posted last.
Yaye, they're back!!! (that's the way it used to look for me before the change-over, but then could only see the recent ones)

Thank you Webmeister, my one and only true love (sorry Andrew! :razz:)

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

getting there well done

now, can we have the info on the msg back at the top

i'e when we reply, up the top it used to say where in the forum structure it came from:

ie ppi insurance forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't know if this helps, but these are the style properties (as Chrome sees them) for the 'Thread tools' popupctrl element

The main difference it seems is the display properties and the alignment ones

Vbulletin - works ok in Chrome

Vbulletin.jpg

CAG - doesn't ;-)

cag.jpg

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Once you've pressed ' Settings' at the top it brings up the threads you may wish to llok at, it then shows a button ' View all subscribed threads' a little further down on the r/h side (Be handy if that was on all the pages webby) press that and it shows you the threads and who posted last.

Doesn't on my pc.

from my limited knowledge of web programming - is the popupbody style missing?

Looking at this site & the vbulletin forum (which works fine in Chrome) the inherited style for a popupbody is missing on here

I can see the popupbody style in our css - line 1306 of pete_common_headinclude_v1.css . I see what you mean about the difference with vbulletin.com, I'd been working more on the idea that we had a missing 'display:none' to hide the menus by default

Ok, enjoying ladylike-wise my satisfaction at it working the way I was hoping for. Hooray! *daintily waves a flag* :razz:

Much better:)

Thanks andrew, that's great!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

The advanced search can be found on any page, using IE8 or FF3 - Both by doing what I said. As for the new posts etc - I cannot remember what page I was looking at but it was using FF3 and so I will try to replicate and let you know Webby.

I can see the popupbody style in our css - line 1306 of pete_common_headinclude_v1.css . I see what you mean about the difference with vbulletin.com, I'd been working more on the idea that we had a missing 'display:none' to hide the menus by default

For some reason Photobucket won't show my 2nd pic but if you want to look at the inheritance tree for the CSS for that element, I've got them here http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/gh2008_photo/

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Just a small consideration, I know the reason why you have Google ads, and I fully support that, but you would make it look a million times better, if you skin the ads to the correct colour of the background of the forums. Then they would look less obtrusive.

An example. This can be done in your Google Ads panel.

mockads.jpg

The problem is, for some reason Chrome is not 'finding' the .popupbody class in the style sheet (nice thing about Chrome is that you have a really good set of developer tools builtin so you can see what it is actually doing)

As to why it is not finding the class in the file ... Normally I would guess at a missing closing brace or something like that, but can't see anything - very frustrating and not having the source I am limited as to what I can do to help :-(

Good luck in finding it - I will still keep looking.

very dirty fix to the 'Chrome issue' is to move the .popupbody class from line 1306 and put it in earlier in the file - I've got it working with it in at line 66

(and yes I did create a local static webpage and css file so I could 'play :lol: )

Just a small consideration, I know the reason why you have Google ads, and I fully support that, but you would make it look a million times better, if you skin the ads to the correct colour of the background of the forums. Then they would look less obtrusive.

An example. This can be done in your Google Ads panel.

mockads.jpg

I don't see any Google Ads :-? :-? :-? (Not complaining one bit, just saying!)

Anyone find my C L Finance thread in the legal forum? Can't seem to find it and its got a lot of infor on there I need. Can't seem to get the search button to work either as I am sure there are more than 5 posts about Cohens around!!

Yaye, thread tools are back in their box, as is the quick navigation panel above the quick reply box! Starting to look a LOT better, Webbzy!!! :-D

Edit: And the Advanced panel too!!! I can see it all on 1 page at last!

this works that too yep

S'all Goooooood!!!

Woo hoo!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks