CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used the "new posts" link in the CAG toolbar to get me to new posts when I opened CAG that still seems to work apart from a bit of script waffle at the top of the page - don't know if the other links work, I haven't tried them yet, as I probably won't be able to find my way back here if they don't . (embarressed smiley).

Had a bit of a nerve racking few seconds when the screen image started jumping aound wildly - but that turned out to be the cat's tail on the keyboard - so I've sorted that out myself -

Wils

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used the "new posts" link in the CAG toolbar to get me to new posts when I opened CAG that still seems to work apart from a bit of script waffle at the top of the page - don't know if the other links work, I haven't tried them yet, as I probably won't be able to find my way back here if they don't . (embarressed smiley).

Had a bit of a nerve racking few seconds when the screen image started jumping aound wildly - but that turned out to be the cat's tail on the keyboard - so I've sorted that out myself -

Wils

Good thinking, Wils!!! :-D

... Oh bum, I'm using Chrome these days and the toolbar isn't compatible. Webbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ;razz:

Had a bit of a nerve racking few seconds when the screen image started jumping aound wildly - but that turned out to be the cat's tail on the keyboard - so I've sorted that out myself

An under reported error in my opinion-as is the cat stomping across the keypad in a determined and usually successful request for attention whilst you're trying to type!

... Oh bum, I'm using Chrome these days and the toolbar isn't compatible. Webbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ;razz:

Are the pages rendering ok for you in Chrome??

Clicking 'Go Advanced' in the Reply really messes up and there are lots of other big 'niggles' in Chrome for me :evil:

And I was trying to search the thread for 'Chrome'

The results came back, but all they did was refer to the thread as a whole rather than the individual posts

Errrr why search a thread and not have posts returned ....

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Anyone know how to find old threads now? Normally I would click on "Statistics" and "Find all threads started by..". I desperately need to read through an old thread of mine but when I click on the link in the post, it says "Server not found and Error 404"

Are the pages rendering ok for you in Chrome??

Clicking 'Go Advanced' in the Reply really messes up and there are lots of other big 'niggles' in Chrome for me :evil:

And I was trying to search the thread for 'Chrome'

The results came back, but all they did was refer to the thread as a whole rather than the individual posts

Errrr why search a thread and not have posts returned ....

Yes, they look fine, although the formatting is all weird, I'll do a scrnshot to show you what I mean.

The site only seems to look ok on my monster 1920 x 1200 res home 24" pc monitor, most desktops use 1440 x 900, and laptops 1366 x 768

I'm surprised about that. Pretty early on we decided that weren't going to design for 800x600 displays. Even though that's often considered the lowest common denominator to design for, it was just too restrictive. Instead we chose 1024x768, and the site should look fine at that resolution or higher. I've tried resizing my browser to 1024x768, and it does seem ok

Anyone know how to find old threads now? Normally I would click on "Statistics" and "Find all threads started by..". I desperately need to read through an old thread of mine but when I click on the link in the post, it says "Server not found and Error 404"

Try google 'consumeractiongroup+brassedoff+thread title' that might bring it up hun. :-D

Tried that sweetie - all I got was a thread from the BG about drinking loads of vodka whilst making a Christmas cake :p

Typical!

I don't know then, I'm lost anyway... can't find my user CP - and the message I had of a mod about historical posts being still potentially libelous I took to heart - but I can't edit them now anyway!

Tried that sweetie - all I got was a thread from the BG about drinking loads of vodka whilst making a Christmas cake :p

I've done a forum search and that hasn't brought my thread up either :Cry:

try google with

site:consumeractiongroup.co.uk and then your search words

that will only search the site

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Done that gh - only brings up my most recent thread on Cabot :-(

PM me with what you are looking for if you want and I will find it for you

how do you edit your signiture now?

Been on the "about me" page, clicked "edit about me", but it does nothing?

Any suggestions

Nearly same as before: Settings (which used to be called user CP), left hand side, down to"forums" - "edit signature".

how do you edit your signiture now?

Been on the "about me" page, clicked "edit about me", but it does nothing?

Any suggestions

Top right of page - click 'My Settings'

or this link might work hmmm the buttons above the edit box don't work in Chrome :-( - (can't replicate it so don't worry)

here's the paste link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature

Edited by gh2008
cannot replicate the buttons not working

Unless I'm wrong, the search facility only seems to return threads in which there have been posts made since the upgrade. For instance, search for Lowell, Capquest or Natwest each return just half a dozen or so threads, yet there must be hundreds for each of those.

Clicking on someone's User name no longer shows their profile page. Plus, even if it did 'Threads Started by' no longer exists

The lack of Edit button is a real pain. Is there some overwhelming reason why it can't be re-instated?

The new version might be more secure, but now it's so secure that it's much more difficult. User friendly it ain't.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks