CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

okay okay, I admit I was vague but you did make me giggle :p

It seems difficult to navigate (even though its the same) and the colour is glaringly painful so maybe a different skin for people to use who do find the white too bright, other than that its mainly because I hate change.

edit: oh and the stickies need the blue bar back under them to separate them from the regular threads

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok

Minuses:

1. No 'New Posts' button

2. Search facility has no:

a) 'Find posts/ threads started by User'

b) 'Find threads with At least/At most replies, so impossible to look for 0 reply threads

c) 'Show results as post/thread'

3. No 'Mark Forums Read' button

4. Thread titles are far less distinct, less easy to skim, so far more time consuming to read

5. Not having the Forum title in a separate column, again makes it far more difficult to filter out forums that you're not interested in

Pluses

Still looking for any

In short, as a downgrade, a resounding success. As an upgrade, an unmitigated disaster

Most of your stuff Michael is probably being sorted. As for the plusses, although maybe not as apparent there is greater security with V.Bulletin 4.0.0 over 3.7.0 and also the integration of Youtube is going to make posts more interesting. There is also a "blog" facility integrated (I don't know if webby has any plans to use it or remove it)

okay okay, I admit I was vague but you did make me giggle :p

It seems difficult to navigate (even though its the same) and the colour is glaringly painful so maybe a different skin for people to use who do find the white too bright, other than that its mainly because I hate change.

edit: oh and the stickies need the blue bar back under them to separate them from the regular threads

any posts like this I'm sure webby will be looking into. I think it would not be beyond the realms of posibility to add customisable colour schemes... I think that would be pretty low on the "To do" list tho :p

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

2. Search facility has no:

a) 'Find posts/ threads started by User'

b) 'Find threads with At least/At most replies, so impossible to look for 0 reply threads

c) 'Show results as post/thread'

The above are there, but not on the opening search page. You have to click on 'Search by Type' (top left), which then brings them up.

Yes, I can see that's a vast improvement on the previous one click button at the top of each page

I'm sure that will be added soon enough

Read loads of threads and posts today since 9am and only on moving to the last page on this thread have I had the advert for the Bailiffs book appear!

Curiouser and curiouser!!

You sure you didn't move your mouse over the word Bailiffs?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Make a bookmark and then add this URL to the properties.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?do=getnew

or right click and add to favorites

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Make a bookmark and then add this URL to the properties.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?do=getnew

You still need to alter the search parameters though, otherise it shows forum by forum.

MB, I didn't say it was a vast improvement, I was merely trying to find a way to keep on helping people instead of bitching about the new outlook, which let's face is is here to stay, and until the kinks have been ironed out, people are still going to come here and ask for assistance, so in the meantime, my post at least may assist some people, know what I mean? ;-)

Can you please make the difference in the varying shades of blue for threads showing read and unread posts more pronounced?

Can you also alter it so that things like links etc in posts stand out more?

I'm finding all these dulcet tones of wishy washy grey-blue, the lack of deinition & the sameness of everything a bit over whelming tbf.

I've got the same thing now as midenmess - that bailiffs book has just appeared on this thread, page 7 and pushed everything out of shape.

Even as I type this, the text goes behind a blank grey bit where the pge 7 of 7 then

Something is very wrong with the layout.

It's only working for certain pc/laptop/mobile set-ups and a whole load is just not visible.

As for youtubes in posts????

Ghastly - and I think they'll cause more problems than ever.

Press PrtScr button, open paint and press CTRL + V. that'll give you a screenshot of the problem. Load that into an image hosting place like "imageshack.us" and post here for everyone to see.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

As a big fan of smilies, I'm disappointed that the ones I like have disappeared apart from a few :( (like that one!)

I'm sure I'll get used to the new software but when you're in a middle of a court case and you get up early on a work day morning to read posts, it's a bit of a shock to the system.

It would've have been nice to have had a little notice that things would be changing though! On my old lappy, it looks like all the fonts have corrupted and it's just taken me ten minutes how to work out how to send a very important PM.

PS - sorry but the new smilies suck :p

I don't have 'paint' or anything else like it.

And something else has changed since this morning - the text fontsize in all the posts is bigger - whereas this morning some posters were complaining about it being too small I was not having a problem with that.

Now, everything is scrunched up or misssing at the sides - it's become a total mess and very hard to read/ post etc.

And - it's slowed right down again.

PS - sorry but the new smilies suck :p

Maybe thats whay webby likes them :-o

Phoenix... have you zoomed in using the CTRL and scrollwheel or CTRL and +?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Webby will be off my Christmas Card list then Loco !!

I like the "nice" smilies, they make CAG seem more familiar when you've been away for a while - it's like coming home!

There is another forum I nip on occasionally (nothing to do with consumer stuff) and I don't go on there very often because of those crappy smilies - they put me off!!! Perhaps it's a wummmaaannnn thing LOL

PS - CAG is constantly "loading" which is a bit gggrrr too !

Webby will be off my Christmas Card list then Loco !!

I like the "nice" smilies, they make CAG seem more familiar when you've been away for a while - it's like coming home!

There is another forum I nip on occasionally (nothing to do with consumer stuff) and I don't go on there very often because of those crappy smilies - they put me off!!! Perhaps it's a wummmaaannnn thing LOL

PS - CAG is constantly "loading" which is a bit gggrrr too !

If you 'Go Advanced' instead of quick reply then the smilies are there :)

I think Bo is refering to the actual image rather than the availability of them :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you 'Go Advanced' instead of quick reply then the smilies are there :)

I know hun, I go "advanced" all the time but my favourites aren't on the list any more :(

I think Bo is refering to the actual image rather than the availability of them :)

Hit the nail on the head Loco - btw, it's referring with a double "r" :p

*gets coat*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks