CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agree, we need the edit button back. Having it only for 5 mns is ridiculous, I can see the logic for not allowing edit days or months later as it was, where people decided to rewrite history or delete their posts for whatever reason (although I'd argue that they do have the right to do so if they so wish anyway), but this is just daft.

Locutus has already pointed out all the formatting errors so no point in dwelling in them again.

I've noticed that there are some people who seem to have their own agenda to trash it (conspiracy theories, accusations against "the team" etc...) and create ill-feeling, that's very sad. :rolleyes:

It's a tricky one: On one hand, the look is generally more pleasant, neater lines etc, but there is a lot of tweaking required if it's going to work. :-)

Edit: Welshmam, yuo'll find that in a few mns, you won't be able to edit again, it's only on for a few minutes.

Edited by Bookworm
to prove my point... :-D

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, you can edit as soon as you have posted, but not after someone has replied.

I'm sure all these changes are for the best (either that or webby was bored!)

Another couple of little annoyances, If you have clicked "go advanced" and have put a smiley at the end, you cannot put your cursor to the right of that smiley. And if you are editing a post, the spellcheck is gone!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

You can't change your text style! Have you tried hitting the "go advanced" button?

None of my saved links to posts I wantd to remember will work.

Not trying to be negative, just posting problems as I find them! (At least they are my problems)

There are a few problems and tweeks needing to be done and as long as people post them politely as you have done cymruambyth, I'm sure webby will solve them eventually. Can you post one or 2 of the saved links here so I can look and see if I can access it? Maybe there has been a slight format change that could be rectified.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Still not trying to be negative.......I know everyone is busy but could there be a little tutorial to explain how to find eveything? I've just found my pms and subscribed threads, but lost them again! When people are in a panic, which often applies to this site, they need to be able to access stuff quickly, so until we are all use to this a little guidance that is easy and obvious to find may be helpful.

p.s. can site team maybe sticky this and point webby towards it?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Still not trying to be negative.......I know everyone is busy but could there be a little tutorial to explain how to find eveything? I've just found my pms and subscribed threads, but lost them again! When people are in a panic, which often applies to this site, they need to be able to access stuff quickly, so until we are all use to this a little guidance that is easy and obvious to find may be helpful.

for new people, things are easier to find... top right. Regular members should be beyond panicking by now :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

hold CTRL and use scroll wheel if the text is too small.

or control and +

I feel like a newbie trying to find my way around the site today.

I think any newbies will struggle.

I prefer the old format.

I miss user cp, edit, new posts and instant smilies

Hurry up and fix it webby

Bookie, what about the dummies guide ???

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Bookie, what about the dummies guide ???

check out what made bookie want to swear today ;)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks locutus, I am not being negative, just pointing things out. I have average computer skills and a bit of intelligence (though that is often disputed by my family) so I'm posting problems that I encounter in the hope that Caggers with greater skills (such as you) may help the rest of us!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2166205.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2171582.html

Links don't appear to single posts

You may post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may not edit your posts

You may not PM

You may not have an Avatar

No change there then:rolleyes:

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah... the format of that has changed significantly, it now includes the thread aswell so no easy way to find them :(

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

On the what's going on box at the bottom of the main page (not just this thread) it say's there are only 17 people viewing. Ooo that's low, is it right?

Are you on the main page? here

'Cos that says 1800+ people to me

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/online.php

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Also, anyone else noticed you can now embed youtube vids?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I think people are just doing that PGH... posting the stuff that is hard to find. This thread will be useful for webby to sort these niggles.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Sorry to appear dim, but how do I find threads I have started please?

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Really could do with the "new posts" button back at the top.

Agreed as it is right pain trawling through all the seperate forums. Unfortunately those with urgent issues are going to be losing out over the next few days.

I'm sure it's happening whilst we speak, thats the most important button besides my edit button.

Agreed as it is right pain trawling through all the seperate forums. Unfortunately those with urgent issues are going to be losing out over the next few days.

Sorry to appear dim, but how do I find threads I have started please?

I think ....... you go to the blue bar at top of the page and click on settings, this brings up all you subscribed threads, i have't progressed beyond this yet! Otherwise if you click on your profile you can usually accrss the this way.

Good luck

Don't know what's happened to the font but I cannot read quoted articles in: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?87070-The-great-interest-rate-rip-off/page823 without it hurting my eyes! (the italics bits) This thread was always a very good read, but I can't do it any more with it looking this way! - I've tried the 'Ctrl' plus scroll wheel which makes it bigger, but still fuzzy on my PC's LCD - there wasn't a problem before! I hate it. - If you can't read it, what's the point of the site?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks