Jump to content

Highdown Debt Recovery

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I am getting letters from Highdown Debt Recovery regarding this years water bill which i am currently paying, but they keep on threatening court action. Now, i have had a look on the ICO and the OFT register pages and i cannot find any details of a license. Highdown are a trading style of Southern Water so are they covered by Southerns license or do they need their own to operate as a debt collector......



Over to you guys......





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cartaphilus

Can't help directly but as today seems to be the one for getting letters (myself included) from DCAs not appearing to be what they say on the tin ...


Found this thread from CAG, it's an old I know but I googled for anything and found it:




I also found reference to this lot on the David Icke forum but perhaps a link there is not appropriate. :D;)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would contact the Water Provider and ask what is going on.


I would send the prove it letter to Highdown:


Dear Sir or Madam


You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.


I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).


I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.


I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.


I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.


I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.


I/we look forward to your reply.


Yours faithfully

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...