iQor and eBay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Heres the concept.

I sold an iPod Shuffle on eBay for 29.00

Posted. Buyer wasn't in. iPod was retuned.

Resent (needed for a race) by special delivery at my expense.

During this time, the buyer opened a dispute.

I called paypal who told me to ring the buyer. I did this 7 times - not once did she pick up.

eBay closed in her favour and refunded her the money. They didn't return my iPod.

Asked me to pay them. I rang and wrote to no response. Told them it was theft and that they could refund the buyer if they wanted, but they had no authorisation to refund with my money.

Anyway, they suspended my account as I wouldn't reimburse them for their troubles.

Anyway, called by iQor - followed advice and told them no-one by that name here. Stop calling. Then got a letter today, saying pay up or baliffs - I freaked and payed the full £29.00 - I am living in my parents and that is the last thing I need - Bailifs!

Anyway, they had my address (provided by eBay?) - but will this have any negative effects on my or my parents (one has the same name) credit report etc? Will there be any lasting impact?

Mark

Guest Cartaphilus

Pity you didn't come here sooner, because I would have said NUTS to Igor. They cannot send bailifs to your home, they can do even less regarding an Ebay dispute or one involving Paypal. All they can do is send nasty worded letters.

As to your loss, perhaps informing the police may be in order as from what you say it sounds like theft.

I will not comment on what Ebay has decided in it's infinite 'wisdom' as it seems you had the proof of receipt, the buyer is informed they must return the item BTW before refunding takes place at THEIR expense and usually by trackable means. On that basis it does not make sense to me why Ebay/Paypal has refunded before the item was returned to you. So, what basis does the buyer have for opening this dispute?

Oh, as to Bailifs from Igor, all I have to say to that is :p:p:p:p:p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cartaphilus - I love you. :D

I did read one thread when I googled them - that is what told me to say that there was no-one by that name here. Thank god I live at my comp otherwise I would have said yes.

I think that there is nothing I can really do - the police won't do anything for £29.00. I did write to eBay in California letting them know of my disgust in their service. I told them that if I didn't hear anything back then i would consider my account reinstated and debt lifted.

To be honest - I rang consumer direct - they were really top and told me just what I needed to know - the only reason I paid was to stop the letters (if my elderly parents opened it then they'd feel more than a little worried!)

The one thing that really got to me though (bar the buyer getting a free iPod) was that I couldn't even leave them a negative feedback! :mad:

Guest Cartaphilus
I did write to ebaylink3.gif in California letting them know of my disgust in their service.

California? Ebay has a UK address as well for Ebay UK.

To be honest - I rang consumer direct - they were really top and told me just what I needed to know - the only reason I paid was to stop the letters (if my elderly parents opened it then they'd feel more than a little worried!)

Like I said, nuts to Igor. I think you should also have let Trading Standards know of this and let them deal with it. You have been ripped off from what you have posted but now along comes Igor demanding money with threats of bailifs when you have clearly been left out of pocket and also out of your Ipod. I think you should still let them know and then see if you can perhaps get it looked into further. Something doesn't sound right here as from what I know of Ebay's dispute process any item must be returned before a refund is given. If they have claimed - which is really the only way they can escalate it to a claim, as you have proof of receipt so in other words how can they claim non-receipt? it's UK law and is a proveable document ie from the Royal Mail - 'item significantly not as described' then that process should have been followed by Ebay and Paypal. Though I know it isn't always having read some of the very details, very large amount of similar disputes to yours. I would also perhaps continue to say that they have violated their own Terms and conditions which you both agree to by refunding an item but leaving you at the mercy of these horrid Igor people but also by the buyer not returning the item to you before refunding your money. If you see what I mean. Sorry to be so longwinded but thinking of things perhaps you can rely on but do get onto Trading Standards again as I think you would/do have a case here.

PS I shouldn't bother writing to Ebay ... But I would get more involvement now from trading standards as they are the correct people whom should now deal with this on your behalf. Ebay may take more notice if they get involved. Good luck.

Thanks - London, Surrey and Dublin have also been hit by my long letter of complaint!! I had to enclose the wad of emails between the seller - who called me all the names under the sun - but hey - nothing matters to eBay. Grr.

I think that trading standards will be a good idea.

eBay (UK) LTD,

P.O. Box 9473

Dublin 15

Ireland

3rd August 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to complain about the service, or lack of it, that I have received from your company. First, let me explain my situation.

I sold an iPod Shuffle on eBay (of which I have enclosed a copy of the auction), for £29.00. This iPod was sold and sent out to the buyer, through fully trackable delivery. However, the buyer was not in, and was unable to sign for the device; so it was retuned to me. I agreed to resend the item to the buyer, and did so, using PayPal Postage to pay for the Royal Mail Next Day delivery. (receipt also enclosed).

The buyer received the iPod, and acknowledged this. However, she had already opened a dispute - stating ‘I just want the iPod’. In previous correspondence, she also stated that she already had one of these iPod’s and so she would only need the unit (not the headphones or the USB wire). So that was what I sent.

Wanting to close the PayPal case as soon as possible, so as not to tarnish my username, I contacted PayPal who told me to telephone the buyer. I did this 7 times - not once did she answer my call. When I sent her eMails, she she sent abusive responses (also enclosed). So the case was escalated to a claim. I contacted PayPal several times to make sure that there was nothing else that I could do to hurry the procedure, and was assured by the advisor that the case would be settled in my favor soon, but enough time had to be given for the buyer to respond.

However, the case was closed in the favor of the buyer. This was outrageous - I was forced to give the buyer a refund - while she kept both the iPod and my money! I called PayPal - the agent told me that he would put the transaction on hold while it was re-reviewed. However, that was the last I heard of it.

I have tried contacting your customer support. I have eMailed. I have written. I called your customer support, when I got nowhere. I have tried to call your UK offices, but all that happened was I was asked to leave an answer-phone message - that was never responded to.

In my correspondence with my buyer, I offered her a refund, but she declined. She repeatedly stated that she ‘Just wants the iPod!’. When I tried to call her, she didn’t answer seven times. I tried contacting her at her home and work numbers (provided by eBay and PayPal, but I was told that there was no-one who by that name there. There was and is nothing more that I can do to satisfy this buyer.

However, I think that it is totally unfair, and also illegal, for you to refund the monies without my consent while allowing the buyer to keep the iPod - this is theft; as stated by the theft act of 1968 ‘A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.’ It is also unfair to close down my (otherwise 100% feedback account) because of this.

I will send this letter via Recorded delivery. I expect my account to be restored, the money returned to my account and charges against me dropped. I also expect acknowledgement of this letter within seven (7) days of delivery. If not, I will have no hesitation in taking legal action on this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

That was my letter. I will see what happens over the next 7 days, and then will definitely write to Trading Standards. Thanks for all your help.

Mark

Guest Cartaphilus

Personally, I'd get on to trading standards tomorrow and I wouldn't write I would phone, however you can also complain via their website online. That way you can also send them a copy of the Igor letter you've received. Ebay/Paypal appear very keen to set monsters on people ie Igor but perhaps they also need reminding that when someone pays for something, then makes a dispute then is refunded and seller does not receive item back then that is: theft. Regardless of whatever their own 'company policies' say.

Just to show you how POWERFUL IQOR are, my dealings with es&&& and paytheft

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20140&d=1279699306

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Guest Cartaphilus

Link isn't working for some reason, just brings you back to this thread. Least on my browser it does.

Link isn't working for some reason, just brings you back to this thread. Least on my browser it does.

Mine seems to work, try it on this thread

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

-----------------

------------------

------------------

it may be because I use a mac, but the document just downloads and I have read it. Sounds like they just make empty threats. Let me know what happens though.

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, they do ... Google, ye shall find plenty of similar tales. They can send as many letters as they like to you but bailifs ... Huff, puff ... springs to mind. In fact, I have yet to see any Ebay or Paypal debt (just reading the thousands of tales online) go anywhere near a court. They are purely relying on intimdiation and self-reliance on their behalf that you will now know they cannot just 'send a bailiff' to your home, least of all for the amount of £29. They are empty threats, treat like any other debt collecting letter, they all follow the same routine.

But do report this to trading standards as you have been left out of pocket and goods due to erroneous third party 'meddling' but also for the grace of doing everything within your power possible to remedy the situation (personally, sounds like the buyer wanted your item for free to me given how things have now turned out) and let them know what has happened with Igor and then let them get involved, let them tackle the problem.

Ebay has already made it's mind up so now you need to get TS involved to report all this and the activities of Igor as well. None of this is your fault yet you are expected to now bow down to the likes of Igor, to boot suffer harassment, intimidation and threats of all and sundry from what. TBH none of this should have gone anywhere near a DCA if the previous parties involved eg Ebay/Paypal had bothered to follow their own procedures as it's clear they haven't. They've allowed someone to take your item and expect you to refund it. Something isn't right there and I am sure this one would be right up TS street.

Igor operates from a small office in Preston, in fact I know where their offices are (most people who know that area probably would anyway) and it's a dingy corner (or was) of that area which once was a very affluent place to live in Victorian times, now it's full of mostly people like Igor.

BTW, I have toothache so not in the mood for Igor tonight. :D