chattanooga

Making token payents

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Is it a good idea to inform creditors that you (I) will be making only token payments for the next few months due to financial difficulties or is it better just pay them £1 via standing order without even mentioning it?

You must write to them, giving at least basic information on your circumstances, e.g made redundant, and preferably an approximate timescale for when you hope to resume full payment. Send your first payment with the letter.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks rmw :)

The bottom line is, being self-employed my income has taken a dramatic downturn to the point where I can't offer anywhere near the £300/month I was paying via CCCS (who didn't seem too sympathetic by the way). I can maybe offer £20-£30/month amongst all creditors, possibly till Winter.

I have a feeling there will be much gnashing of creditor teeth but at the end of the day I can't just conjure cash out of thin air.

If they're reasonable then keep paying what you can. If they get stroppy you can always start fighting back and go down the CCA/faulty default notice route. Or you could do that anyway.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I've already requested CCA's. Got some back, a couple didn't even bother. One, at least I think is unenforceable so at least it's some extra ammo if they get funny about it.

I've already requested CCA's. Got some back, a couple didn't even bother. One, at least I think is unenforceable so at least it's some extra ammo if they get funny about it.

You might want to start a new thread and double check that the agreement is unenforceable - as I had one that I thought was unenforceable and other thought it was enforceable. (Don't forget to remove any identifying numbers, signatures and personal information though.)