style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi after some advice ( rather urgently!) Thank goodness I had read this forum prior!

I have council tax debts ( one from old property of £360ish and currentl one I have been struggling to pay a month and I believe the liabilty is approx for 1kish

Ok so I called the council after liabilty orders etc etc and asked to set up a standing order from my account on pay day and explained the situation I had been in ( ex partner left me with a very expensive for one - rental house:-x)

anyway they flatly refused and gave me the number of the Bailifs it ha been passed to which was Dukes.

I called for over a week, being put through to an answer phone and left a message every day - NO CALL BACK

today this evening Ive just had a baliif knock ( hammer) on my door

I didnt answer and stayed upstairs in my bedroom. I then heard him go to my neighbours and hammer on there door asking for me and hes from the council bailifs regarding a debt, then he went to the other side ( house is empty currently) then left me a first visit delightful letter.

Theres no way I can pay this back right now, I need my car to actually get to work ( can they take this its a N reg ?)

I would be happy to set up a standing order from my bank on payday which is what I asked the council to do to but they woudnt listen to when I tried to explain why I was in this mess.

Infact the lady on the phone when I said surely you can allow me to do this? asked where I ha got the information from, I said I had read the consumer forum for advice. She said they cant do this and she dosent know why people say otherwise... and passed me the number of dukes.

Why did she does this when Bristows came round???

I dont have much surplas from my wages, infact I live to work and pay fuel to get to work thats about it right now...

Please can anyone advise what my next course of action should be I am incredibly stressed :(

thanks x