Provident settlement figure more than original loan - surely not?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone could clear up something for me.

I, as a last resort, took out a provident loan a few wks ago of £300. I have no intention of going full term and paying all the interest and requested an early settlement figure which they quoted me today of £309. Is this right?? I worked it out to be about £280ish - i dont understand how the settlement figure can be MORE than the original loan???

Here are the details of the loan -

Loan = £300

APR = 272.2%

duration = 51 wks

repayment amount = £10.50

Total repayable = £546

I have made four payments so far. I thought that the repayment amount would be split into APR and loan something along the lines of £4.82 APR and £5.68 Loan per week - which would mean I would have paid off about £22 so far. Am I just completely wrong? :confused:

Thanks in advance

make them a offer of the amount of loan they gave you minus the amount you have paid them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

make them a offer of the amount of loan they gave you minus the amount you have paid them.

Hi godmother thanks for the reply,

Do you know if that would work? Have you done that or know anyone who has? I know its only £9 but its just the principle of the matter more than anything else - even if the quote was £299!! When i questioned the rep she just said its because of the interest and became quite defensive when i asked wasnt that what paying it off did - cut the interest off? Im not sure she knows how it is worked out herself tbh she couldnt explain it just tell me that "thats just the way it works out" - not an explanation in my eyes.

I also wonder if the fact that she comes round on a mon instead of the fri when it is due would make a difference seeing as it would make me look like i was late by a couple of days and pull the outstanding amount into an extra wk?

I made them a offer like that b4 and as result they took it. Ok it was not much money, it turned out l was going to be paying them £30, but they still took it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

You have to remember it might not work as well for you and DO NOT offer more than you can afford. you have to remember l made them a low offer as thats all l truly owed and minus there fees rate.

how many days from the date of loan until you asked for a settlement figure?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

that will by why then as they calculate it based on the amount of days you have had the loan. Wait a bit longer and try and keep hold of the money

if it was 28 days . you wouldn't have paid any interest at all

who did you ask your agent or the office?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

you took out £300 and they have charged you a whopping £246 interest, so your total is £546.

do you know that you can get ALL your loans/debts wiped out in 12months by only paying £90 and making an application for a debt relief order, after 12 months ALL your loans inc your provident will be wiped out. When making the application for the debt relief order make sure you are paying under £50 a month to provident in your repayments or provident can use that to file an objection with the insolvency service............

right.......... now you have filled in your debt relief order and sent the £90 to the insolvency service, now just sit back and wait 12 months without paying any of your debts to any of your creditors, after the 12 months have expired..........ALL YOUR DEBTS will be wiped away, simple as that

your better offer paying £90 for a debt relief order and saving yourself well over £400 in the process