Jump to content

Bailiff Help.. Living in parents house and furnishings are theirs - BAiliff says he can seize regardless.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I wonder if someone can help me.


I have had a warrent through the door from a Bailiffs company regarding a parking ticket from a long time ago.


I live in a furnished flat owned by my mother (who lives abroad) and everything in the flat is hers except for my clothes and a few items of no real value.


The bailiff was very rude and said he would return and it didnt matter who's flat it was - they would remove goods as the warrent was on the address where I live.


He has never been in before and I will not let him in.


The car I drive is also leased (it is a different car to the one on which the ticket was issued) and also does not belong to me.


Could someone kindly advise me what rights the Bailiff has and how I prove there are no possessions of real value in the flat that belong to me. I understand they cannot take my clothes! CAn the bailiff break down the door or return with a locksmith for a parking ticket?


Much appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Sean. Do you, or anyone else, know whether I can sign the stat dec stating the goods are not mine? Also, what powers do they have to force entry and seize goods?

Link to post
Share on other sites

as hallowitch has said they have no powers at all to break in or force entry.

I suggest you pay the PCN plus costs incurred straight to the council, as long as you have the pcn number you should be able to do this online via the councils website. This will not include the bailiff cost. Usually if they have not been able to collect on this it will eventually be passed back to the council, but I would try and pay it.

I suppose you could try and do a stat dec stating your mothers belongings are not yours. It might be best to first speak to a solicitor asking what the implications are if you went ahead with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...