Offer from Barclays - Only half my claim though!

ryouthed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice. Today received my letter from Barclays offering me half of the sum that I claimed for as a good will gesture. I know from previous theads that this is pretty standard, but just wondering if anyone has actually settled with Barclays before for more than half before court action?? The reason is that the sum they offered, although only half the amount, is a lot of money to me. I don't want to not accept this if it's going to take a long time and hassle to get the full amount.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

ryouthed

Hi,

I presume you have sent your LBA off to them? I had a letter the start of the week offering half of my claim, I have rejected this and am still going for the full amount. If you have sent your LBA off then it won't be long until you issue court proceedings, depending on the amount you are claiming (if anything like me £675) then after receiving the court papers they might settle the claim fairly quickly.

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

I know how you feel. I have been offered less than half and although i need it - i can't possibly give up nearly 1500 quid (when you add on the interest). I have just sent off a rejection letter but i amended it to ask for 2k forgoing the interest. Will let you know what they say but really don't think they are going to go for it. Tight b@stards!!!!.