Some help needed please

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3702 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Apologies , this will become lengthier than I'd like, but just to give some background... I have pretty severe osteoarthritis in both knees and am awaiting an op (first of two). As a result, I'm currently only able to work a very hours a week and have been receiving employment support allowance since the end of last year. I also attend fairly regular appts with RBLI. MY GP writes my monthly medical certs.

Going back to January, I had an appointment with Medical Services for my medical as required by DWP/Jobcentreplus. I had to cancel this, due to lack of transport (I can't walk far, live rurally and rely on friends for a lift). Medical Services were meant to be sending me another appt - they didn't. I chased them, could never get through on phone. Rang Jobcentreplus twice to say I needed the appt for medical/can't get hold of Medical Services. Was told by Job Centre that my file had been returned to them "under query" and until they sent it back to Medical Services, no appt coiuld be made.

Months go by (I assumed a backlog hence why I'd not heard). I then asked the girl I see at RBLI to chase it for me which she did - it's on her records that she rang Job Centre about it. They were meant to sort it - I still heard nothing.

This morning I've received a letter from Job Centre Plus saying my benefit has been stopped due to "non attendance for medical in January 2010". I've just rung them and basically they're no help at all, despite me explaining the situation over and over. They've said they'll get someone to look at it and get back to me.

I'm at my wits end. I simply cannot cope without the small, extra amount of employment support allowance. Is there anything further I can do at the moment? Or anyone I can speak to who might be able to help sort this swiftly for me without it going to some sort(?) of lengthy and wholly unnecessary arbitration?

Any help most gratefully appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure we can give you some pointers.

Forgive my ignorance, I don't know what RBLI is. Would they help you with this sort of problem? I know Welfare Rights help people to appeal, and CAB sometimes. Do you have those available to you locally?

Some of our people on the forum, who work at the DWP or advise on benefits will be at their day jobs at the moment, so are unlikely to answer you until this evening. In the meantime, the rest of us will do our best.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum