upsndowns

charging order

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My now ex wife has received a CCj(£12000) from her divorcelink3.gif solicitor and they have applied for a charging order on our former main residence which is rented out and has considerable equity.

Ex has many other debts and so do I

The full Charging order would give unfair priority and i could also argue that ex doesnt own much equity in the house due to monies she has already received, the divorce settlement is not over yet

I also have many unsecured debts that I am fighting and it would also give unfair priority to against my creditors(most are unenforcable CC) we both also owe HMRC a small fortune, whcih I pay from the rent

The divorce solicitors know the situation inside out and havent put any detail of other debts exs or mine on their claim form which is very naughty and I shall point this out to DJ

I now get on ok(ish) with ex and dont want to screw things up for her She couldnt cope with HCEO or bailifflink3.gif visits if that were to be an option for the other side.

What are the options for EX's solicitors if (when) I get this set asidelink3.gif

I think I know how to fight this off but a bit of hand holding wont go amiss

The case is away from my local court and I thnk I would get a better hearing local as I have met up with several of the DJs on other matters (including divorce vs ex solicitors) and not lost yet

What are the best options for Ex ?

What is the best way to defend this?

I am sure they go for an order of sale very quickly if they dont get their money soon and I dont stop the charging order

upsndowns

Can anyone shine alight on this

upsn downs