Lloyds Absolutely Fuming

TheCherry0121

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Recently my partner paid a settlement to a DCA on behalf of me by writing a cheque.

Now she has 3 accounts with lloyds 2 of which had more than enough money in and stupidly we wrote the cheque from the account with not enough funds in :( Now i found out the cheque had bounced and paid over the phone to the DCA but have just found out that lloyds have sent the cheque back to the DCA with a letter saying they can represent it!!!!!

I have called lloyds and they want to charge me a further £10 ontop of the 20 unplanned od fee just to cancell the dam thing is there anything i can do ?

They have even stated to me over the phone that the chequw legally belongs to them or my partner and when asked why they had returned it to the dca they had no answer

The £10 fee would I believe be Lloyds standard fee to stop a cheque (which is what you wanted isn't it?) A cheque bounced RDPR would normally be represented by the payee so as you have paid the DCA by alternative means you need the account holder to STOP the cheque ASAP otherwise the cheque will either bounce again or be paid in which case you'd need to get the money back off the DCA (an unenviable task)